Talk

Advanced search

Accommodation in Boston MASS USA

(9 Posts)
koalabear Wed 18-May-05 14:59:17

Can anyone recommend good accommodation in Boston, Mass, which is central (walk to places with a 16 month old), but still quiet and nice?

I thought maybe a B&B around Beacon Hill, but having never been to Boston before, am unsure whether this is a good place to stay.

We will be there for three nights.

All suggetions appreciated.

Thanks in advance

sassy Wed 18-May-05 15:24:19

Beacon Hill is pretty central, overlooks the park. However I would recommend staying in Copley Square area if you can - its closer to the main bus routes and the better shopping areas.
(Its 11 years since I was there BTW)

MeerkatsUnite Wed 18-May-05 16:01:25

Would suggest you have a look at www.bostonusa.com for more info on hotels and B & Bs. It is certainly a nice city to visit.

Beacon Hill from what I remember of it is very hilly and not all that central either.

Hope this helps

copycat Wed 18-May-05 19:15:43

I can recommend the Marriott Long Wharf which is located right next door to the Aquarium and has a subway station right outside the hotel lobby. The Boston underground train network (the 'T') is easy to navigate and you can reach anywhere in Boston really quickly. The Marriott is within a few minutes walk of Quincy Market, Fanueil Hall and a great selection of restaurants. There is a Starbucks in the hotel lobby and an indoor swimming pool. Copley Square is also a lovely area but you may find the hotels there a little expensive. If you fancy a guest house then I believe that the Newbury Street Guest House is both centrally located and highly recommended. Newbury Street is the place to shop for designer clothes.

koalabear Wed 18-May-05 20:24:52

thank you all - will follow up on your tips

PrettyCandles Wed 18-May-05 20:32:24

Jealous . We honeymooned in Boston. It's a lovely city. Take a whale-watching boat trip if you can - totally awesome! And we had lobster for the first time there, your 16mo would enjoy that: it's finger-food for adults. I think the restaurant was called Legal Seafood, or something equally weird, I'll ask dh when he gets home. Definitely recommended.

Can't help with accommodation, though, sorry .

renaldo Wed 18-May-05 23:16:33

If you stay in the marriott long wharf, you can get a water taxi straight to the hotel from the airport - magical

Gobbledigook Wed 18-May-05 23:18:37

Can't remember the name of the hotel but just wanted to say - - have a fab time, Boston is fantastic!!

copycat Wed 18-May-05 23:45:56

Yes there are a couple of Legal Seafood restaurants in Boston. One is right next door to the Marriott Long Wharf and we had a fabulous meal there one evening...wonderful Clam Chowder

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now