Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would this be a really stupid thing to do?

(8 Posts)
Rosieeo Thu 09-Jul-09 18:25:04

Already thinking about holidays for next year by which point my ds will be about 18 months old.

Lots of the self-catering apartments I'm looking at don't provide cots and I imagine he will still be in a cot at home. Would it be total madness to buy those dream tube things to fit on a single bed or would that be just silly and destroy all hope of sleep? He is a good sleeper atm (touch wood!) but obviously they can change pretty dramatically in a year.

I know this is pretty trivial, but would be very interested to know what you think!

bran Thu 09-Jul-09 18:48:01

IMO it will depend on your DS's personality and sleep pattern which you won't really know until closer to the time you travel next year. My DD is 17mo and I would consider using dream tubes but only if it was on a low bed or a mattress on the floor as she moves about a lot in her sleep and so would be prone to falling out.

If it was a mattress on the floor then she probably wouldn't need dream tubes for safety anyway, we put DS on the floor at MIL's house at about this age and he was fine, although it did take considerably longer to get him to sleep due to a combination of jet-lag and the ease of getting out of bed. I think DH had to go and lie down with him until he fell asleep for the first week or so.

lisad123 Thu 09-Jul-09 19:07:20

buy a pop up travel cot, be fine

Rosieeo Thu 09-Jul-09 19:30:39

Thanks bran, I know what you mean but unless I see a photo (which may be possible) I won't know about the height of the bed etc. Suppose we could take the mattress off, although I know that then dd would want her's on the floor too!

Lisa, we have a travel cot but it weights a ton! Or do you mean the ones that look like little tents? DD always slept so badly in her travel cot, but I suppose ds might be different.

MrsGokWan Thu 09-Jul-09 20:13:58

I think Lisa means something like this

www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_42_10751_-1__11900_10001_

lisad123 Thu 09-Jul-09 20:17:56

thats the smaller one, would not be big enough for OP LO, more like this one: cot

Hersetta Fri 10-Jul-09 16:14:39

i have both pop up cots and we couldn't use the larger one of the two after DD could crawl and she'd try to crawl around in it and it would roll over - not very safe and we only used it once. Not sure where you are planning to go put in sime resorts you can hire travel cots.

Badpups Fri 10-Jul-09 16:51:56

Most self catering places should be able to provide a travel cot or, depending on where you are going, you can sometimes find companies that hire them.

Only problem is that you might end up spending more to hire one that you could buy one for.

Even if the advert doesn't mention a cot it would be worth contacting the travel company and asking the question.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now