Talk

Advanced search

Nightclothes in hot countries?

(5 Posts)
Eve4Walle Thu 09-Jul-09 06:41:03

I'm wondering what nightclothes people put their DSc in for bed? We are going to Egypt, but out hotel toom will have Aircon. I'm thinking maybe a nightie for my DD and a babygro for my DS of 18 months. Is this about right?

Eve4Walle Thu 09-Jul-09 06:41:27

Room obv. blush

When we lived in West Africa, in the heat but with aircon it would get quite chilly sometimes, though obviously depends what setting you put it on at. smile So my dc always wore long sleeves/long trousers but in lightweight cotton and the baby was in a babygro.

angel1976 Thu 09-Jul-09 09:16:20

I second what Themasterandmargaritas said. I come from SE Asia and whenever we go back to visit, DS will sleep in a nappy and babygrow. If you have one of those cellular blankets, I would bring one for the baby as well. The aircon can get pretty chilly though I always found grobags too much for that weather (unless you go for the cotton-thin ones!). Enjoy!

DadInsteadofMum Thu 09-Jul-09 15:23:15

Sleeping in a tomb - taking the whole Egyptian experience a bit too far maybe.

Impressed with an air conditioned tomb though - these ancient Eygptians really did have an advanced civilisation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now