Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know rules for taking liquid on plane out of Spain?

(9 Posts)
lillyfc Wed 08-Jul-09 19:41:11

Hi, does anyone know if the same rules apply when taking liquids on a plane when leaving a Spanish airport as they do here?

We are off to Mallorca at weekend with a 6 month old who is now formula fed and I'm orgainsed about what to do leaving from this end but hadn't thought about coming home!!!!

I was hoping to take a small carton of ready made formula with me but not sure if they'll make me try it at customs over there.

If anyone has travelled from Palma or another Spanish airport I would appreciate any advice! Thanks.

thisisyesterday Wed 08-Jul-09 19:46:26

i flew from malaga and I reckon i could've taken a bloody elephant through. they didn't seem to give a toss lol

sunnyshine Wed 08-Jul-09 19:51:25

i went straight through last week with bottle of milk made up. i had to put it in the tray but not taste it. the guy behind had to chuck his after shave and got in a right stress!

motherbeyond Wed 08-Jul-09 20:08:42

flew from malaga and they were'nt bothered at all.in liverpool they made me dump my petit filous and decant the milk into a bottle.I don't even think they made me put it in the tray in malaga.i'd just take a carton and a bottle in the nappy bag,and be prepared to decant if they ask.
have a nice time smile

lillyfc Wed 08-Jul-09 20:27:58

Thanks, was hoping they were more relaxed out there!

BikeRunSki Wed 08-Jul-09 22:23:38

I know it's not Spain, but -

Flew Leeds to Nice last week. Had emailed security at Leeds to ask about taking formula through security, and was assured that I could take bottles of cooled boiled water and powder seperately, but would have to taste the water. They said absolutely no to cartons of ready made formula.

When we got to LeedsBradford airport, they made us throw out all the water, ALL of it, and no tasting, despite me having email from them! They said that we coudl get more boiling water from cafe on the other side. Cafe gave us water for free but 1- I don't know how "old" it was, 2-whether it had actually ever boiled was just very hot and 3-was still too hot to drink when DS wanted a drink. We ended up getting a bottle of Evian from WH Smith to make up his milk.
They also made us bin Ella's Kitchen pouches.

On the way back from Nice, they just asked us if we had water and food for the baby. I said we did, they said that was fine and didn't even want to see it.

lillyfc Thu 09-Jul-09 11:51:53

It is amazing how inconsistent all the airports are!! I've pre-ordered some ready made cartons fron Boots at the airside shop so only need to take bottles through gatwick.
Everyone I speak to has had a different experience with security in the UK!!!

LittleOneMum Thu 09-Jul-09 12:03:03

I flew back from Palma on Monday this week, and they were totally relaxed about liquids. Did not even ask me to take the baby milk out of the bag, and I also had a carton of ready made with me and they didn't mention that either. Totally relaxed there.

PS Am dead jealous. Wish i was still there, weather is fab!

ChopsTheDuck Thu 09-Jul-09 12:12:22

even right after the events when travellign back from Spain they allowed water, jsut not coke. Not sure what the justification was, but they are def more relaxed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now