Talk

Advanced search

Lykia World - Who has been this year - I need to know the

(11 Posts)
couture1 Wed 08-Jul-09 19:22:35

Does and Don'ts

What tips have you got.

Is it easy enough to bring your own drinks and snacks in?

are the rooms very tired and cramped?

Do the rooms have fridges in?

couture1 Wed 08-Jul-09 19:27:28

Do's and don'ts rather.

motheroftwoboys Fri 10-Jul-09 21:03:23

We went two years ago with our sons then 16 and 15 and we all had a brilliant time. You don't need to bring in drinks or snacks as everything is provided. There is more food than you shake a stick at and the only time you "have" to buy a drink is at the bars. Wine, beer and soft drinks are provided with meals. We stayed in the village just beside the adult pool (which we LOVED). We had two interconnecting rooms and although they weren't glamorous they were roomy and very clean with a stunning view. Trying to remember about fridges - pretty sure they did. You will have a wonderful time. Only thing I would say is don't book any of the activities on site as they are expensive. It is so easy to go down to Olu Deniz (taxi is cheap and you can arrange a time for them to pick you up). We used an agency called Bloodymarvellous (or something like that)on the main street and they were great. If you book anything through them they come and pick you up at Lykia World. We ate too many cakes!! We preferred the Marina restaurant to the village and we often ate in the Residence at night. It is def. worth trying all the the speciality restaurants, specially the fish one at the adult pool. It is so romantic. Also if you like to sunbathe nude (I do) there is an area just beside the turkish baths (again right beside the village adult pool). I would go back tomorrow.

kylesmybaby Sun 19-Jul-09 19:03:09

watching with interest as we go in 3 weeks !!

couture1 Sun 16-Aug-09 09:10:43

Hi does anyone have a taxi number to arrange pick up from airport?

couture1 Sun 16-Aug-09 09:19:53

Another question - how long is the taxi journey from Dalaman Airport to Lykia world?

couture1 Mon 17-Aug-09 21:39:08

Anyone just back?

kylesmybaby Tue 18-Aug-09 00:12:58

we are gong on friday sooo excited! not even bothered about the coach trip from the airport - nothing is going to worry me about this holiday NOTHING! LOL

couture1 Tue 18-Aug-09 10:22:21

Im so so excited too Kyles mom - catn wait, we are going on Saturday. How long are you there for?

JGU0204 Tue 25-Aug-09 21:13:52

I'm bumping this in case you're back yet Kylesmybaby & couture1.

What did you think, did you have young children with you? We're thinking of booking this for Oct, but DP has some concerns as DS is will only be 18mths old.

Concerns are about food poisoning I think and he's also been told that in big resorts you had to queue for ages for food and that the food was left out for a long time.

What were your experiences?

Thanks

wordgirl Tue 25-Aug-09 21:32:51

I am going on Friday too - although unlike kylesmybaby I am bothered about the coach trip from the airport.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now