Talk

Advanced search

Is there such a thing as a "travel night light"?

(11 Posts)
ChildOfThe70s Wed 08-Jul-09 14:22:44

DS can't (won't!) sleep without his nightlight, but we are going abroad for the first time this year and it is too big/fragile to take. Does anyone know where I can get a small, durable, nightlight?

Thanks!

Iklboo Wed 08-Jul-09 14:26:10

Not sure but you can get travel plus that would convert any UK travel light to a socket for overseas

AMumInScotland Wed 08-Jul-09 14:31:28

You used to be able to get very small nightlights just about the size of an ordinary plug - that plus a travel adapter would do the trick.

Iklboo Wed 08-Jul-09 14:32:22

It's also possible they'll sell them where you're going

benfmsmum Wed 08-Jul-09 14:34:01

I got some very small ones in boots a couple of years ago, not sure if they still do them. I use them with an adaptor when we go away

Iklboo Wed 08-Jul-09 14:34:21

oooh - just had a thought. DS has some of those JML uplighter thingies - small round LED lights, take 3 AAA batteries. One lot of batteries usually last him 3-4 nights. They can either stick to walls ot be left on a nearby surface

Iklboo Wed 08-Jul-09 14:36:07

uplighter
We got DS's from a garage though for about £5

ChildOfThe70s Wed 08-Jul-09 14:47:39

Thanks everyone - iklboo, they look good, will take a closer look!

LionstarBigPants Wed 08-Jul-09 14:59:24

How about a clip on booklight like this. Small and portable, and LEDs throw a reasonable amount of light.

janinlondon Wed 08-Jul-09 15:11:05

Spoka nightlight from Ikea can be unplugged and carried when they need to light the way to the loo or to find you in a foreign place.
DD(9) still takes hers with us when we travel. here

GBR Wed 08-Jul-09 15:17:36

I got an LED nightlight from Asda for a couple of quid - it looks like a plug with some LED lights on the casing, casts a reasonable but not too bright glow and just plugs into a socket, so you could plug it into a converter. Have a look in the lightbulbs dept of probably any supermarket for similar, I would think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now