Talk

Advanced search

short break needed with 1.5-2hrs drive of harefield

(15 Posts)
misdee Tue 17-May-05 22:37:04

postcode for harefield is UB9 6JH
can anyone find me a good coastal palce to go, which we can easily get to harefield if needed.

hunkermunker Tue 17-May-05 22:53:08

The Sussex cost somewhere, Misdee?

duster Tue 17-May-05 22:59:37

Harefield is very far inland - not sure how long it would take to get to the coast, but do you know Ruislip Lido?
More info here.
And there's a railway.
Hope this helps. It's definitely within an hour of Ruislip. I'll have a google for a map.

hunkermunker Tue 17-May-05 23:00:58

It's about six or seven miles away, Duster - I live in Ruislip

The Sussex coast is about an hour and a half to two hours' drive from Ruislip, so similar from Harefield.

duster Tue 17-May-05 23:03:18

I stand corrected Hunker.
Directions to Ruislip from the same site.
Went there as a youth.
Had there by a youth.

LGJ Tue 17-May-05 23:03:44

HM

Hello and Good night

Gwenick Tue 17-May-05 23:04:11

ooo - I've driven 'near' you lots of times then HM!! My great aunty and uncle live in Uxbridge - by cousin in Surbiton (that's the posh side of the family LOL)

hunkermunker Tue 17-May-05 23:04:14

PMSL Duster! Will think of you next time I'm there - which is a very strange concept, thinking of somebody I've never met before having...oh dear! PMSL!

hunkermunker Tue 17-May-05 23:04:47

I was in Uxbridge today Gwenick! Soz, Misdee - this thread is turning into Middlesex Reunited...

hunkermunker Tue 17-May-05 23:05:03

LGJ - early night then? Hah!

duster Tue 17-May-05 23:08:17

The Earth moved.
And I got hit in the eye by a tree.
I ended up looking a lot like this.

LGJ Tue 17-May-05 23:09:31

Well..........................

Yes and no .................he is coughing and spluttering like some one on a TB ward (Man Flu)(small cough and cold), so seperate beds, without a doubt.

As I said last night, by the time I got to bed, I was greeted by ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssss and no sign of an early night anywhere

But looking forward to having the bed to myself

LGJ Tue 17-May-05 23:10:34

Sorry Misdee,

Another hijack

misdee Wed 18-May-05 09:28:45

haha. dont worry about the high jack.
dd1 + dd2 really want to go the the beach. and i feel bad as we were meant to be going away next week upto great yarmouth but we cancelled it. dont want to go too far away from the M25 area. I know if they hadf to they would send a ambulance for DH if they knew we were on holiday, but atm dh isnt weel enough for a full week away. so was thinking a 2night break near a nice beach and with hopefully some fair rides might be enough to keep the kids happy for a while.

hunkermunker Wed 18-May-05 09:41:30

You won't get a sandy beach round Brighton - all pebbles there.

There's always the Kent or Essex coast - but that may be a tiny bit too far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now