Talk

Advanced search

Get an exclusive 5% off your next Mark Warner holiday - call 0333 305 9795 and quote Mumsnet

short break needed with 1.5-2hrs drive of harefield

(15 Posts)
misdee Tue 17-May-05 22:37:04

postcode for harefield is UB9 6JH
can anyone find me a good coastal palce to go, which we can easily get to harefield if needed.

hunkermunker Tue 17-May-05 22:53:08

The Sussex cost somewhere, Misdee?

duster Tue 17-May-05 22:59:37

Harefield is very far inland - not sure how long it would take to get to the coast, but do you know Ruislip Lido?
More info here.
And there's a railway.
Hope this helps. It's definitely within an hour of Ruislip. I'll have a google for a map.

hunkermunker Tue 17-May-05 23:00:58

It's about six or seven miles away, Duster - I live in Ruislip

The Sussex coast is about an hour and a half to two hours' drive from Ruislip, so similar from Harefield.

duster Tue 17-May-05 23:03:18

I stand corrected Hunker.
Directions to Ruislip from the same site.
Went there as a youth.
Had there by a youth.

LGJ Tue 17-May-05 23:03:44

HM

Hello and Good night

Gwenick Tue 17-May-05 23:04:11

ooo - I've driven 'near' you lots of times then HM!! My great aunty and uncle live in Uxbridge - by cousin in Surbiton (that's the posh side of the family LOL)

hunkermunker Tue 17-May-05 23:04:14

PMSL Duster! Will think of you next time I'm there - which is a very strange concept, thinking of somebody I've never met before having...oh dear! PMSL!

hunkermunker Tue 17-May-05 23:04:47

I was in Uxbridge today Gwenick! Soz, Misdee - this thread is turning into Middlesex Reunited...

hunkermunker Tue 17-May-05 23:05:03

LGJ - early night then? Hah!

duster Tue 17-May-05 23:08:17

The Earth moved.
And I got hit in the eye by a tree.
I ended up looking a lot like this.

LGJ Tue 17-May-05 23:09:31

Well..........................

Yes and no .................he is coughing and spluttering like some one on a TB ward (Man Flu)(small cough and cold), so seperate beds, without a doubt.

As I said last night, by the time I got to bed, I was greeted by ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssss and no sign of an early night anywhere

But looking forward to having the bed to myself

LGJ Tue 17-May-05 23:10:34

Sorry Misdee,

Another hijack

misdee Wed 18-May-05 09:28:45

haha. dont worry about the high jack.
dd1 + dd2 really want to go the the beach. and i feel bad as we were meant to be going away next week upto great yarmouth but we cancelled it. dont want to go too far away from the M25 area. I know if they hadf to they would send a ambulance for DH if they knew we were on holiday, but atm dh isnt weel enough for a full week away. so was thinking a 2night break near a nice beach and with hopefully some fair rides might be enough to keep the kids happy for a while.

hunkermunker Wed 18-May-05 09:41:30

You won't get a sandy beach round Brighton - all pebbles there.

There's always the Kent or Essex coast - but that may be a tiny bit too far.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: