Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know if I am allowed to take a booster seat on Ryan Air flight in my hand luggage

(4 Posts)
mariemarie Tue 07-Jul-09 17:36:32

Hi, we are flying with Ryan Air in a few weeks and we are hiring a car when we get there. The cost of hiring booster seats for my 3 children is a whopping £30 per seat.

Each person on the flight is allowed one hand luggage up to 10kg. As my children wont be needing any hand luggage I was thinking of putting each booster in a carrier bag and letting each child carry these on board to put in the over head lockers. They weigh much less than 10kg.

However, I have heard that Ryan Air are quite strict and can be awkward about certain things. On their website it says that you can take car/booster seats on the plane but these have to be checked with luggage and put in the cargo section and its a £20 charge. But, if my children have these in a bag and go through as hand luggage will they stop us?

flaime Tue 07-Jul-09 20:10:46

We took 2 small cheap polystyrene ones (£5 each) and put them in the middle of out suitcases - then threw them away when we dropped the hire car back so we had room for pressies in the case.

We did hire one for my 3 year old thinking he would need a full seat and was given the most disgusting uncomfortable booster cushions we'd ever seen and we wished we'd taken 3.

We were going to put them in a large holdall if we couldn't fit them in a case as we would have only been checking 3 pieces of luggage in which was ok on our airline. Worth checking!

Mercedes Tue 07-Jul-09 20:18:39

i've taken one on and it hasn't been a problem. i've also put one in as luggage and didn't get charged. mind you ryanair adds new charges all the time.

ChippyMinton Tue 07-Jul-09 20:21:29

I did exactly what you suggested - got the DC to carry the seats in a bag as hand luggage - and it wasn't a problem. Check the max dimensions for hand luggage though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now