Talk

Advanced search

Easyjet and buggies

(8 Posts)
claireybee Mon 06-Jul-09 20:34:11

We are flying to Majorca with easyjet. I know we can take the buggy but not sure if we have to pay extra for it & can't find the relevant info on the website.

Does it count as part of the baggage allowance or can you take it as an extra if you are travelling with an infant?

Also, does anyone know if you can take a buggy for a child? The place we are staying is a 15-20 min walk uphill from the town. DD (3) can walk that far easily and hasn't used a buggy for over 6 months but our flights both ways are at stupid o clock so we were vaguely considering taking it for the airport and for dinners out so we didn't have to worry about tired and grumpy dd walking (and she can then fall asleep in buggy in the restaurant if she wants). If not we can always take the sling so we can carry one or other of them home but the buggy would mean we could stay out later without dd having to stay awake/not having somewhere to sleep (bad parent)

buttercupmum Mon 06-Jul-09 20:41:29

Hiya, i recently went Easyjet and they didn't charge me for the buggy, i took it up to the boarding gate and they took it from there. With DS1 I remember taking a buggy when he was just 3, but it wasn't Easyjet. I can't see it being a problem though, they just take them from you and put them in the baggage hold so one more doesn't make a difference i'm sure! Have a lovely holiday!.

claireybee Mon 06-Jul-09 20:57:36

Thank you

BusyBeeWithThree Mon 06-Jul-09 21:27:42

Definitely is not included in your baggage allowance. You can take car seat, travel cot or buggy for free.

Does anyone remember what the age limit is for infants getting on the plane first? My dd is just two and I was wondering if I should pay for priority booking so that we at least get a chance of sitting together!! (sorry for hijack claireybee!)

ludge Mon 06-Jul-09 21:34:00

We flew recently with easyjet and anyone travelling with kids up to age 5 get special assistance boarding (after speeding boarding). There was also a 4 year old in a buggy and that didn't seem to be a problem. watch out though as we were taken to the plane on a bus and as all of us with kids had got on bus first and sat down, we were off the bus last as we had to wait for everyone else to get off. Therefore those of us with buggies and babies were actually last on the plane!

BusyBeeWithThree Mon 06-Jul-09 21:37:49

Thanks ludge. I think I will save the £70 for something else and risk it. If anyone needs to get on the plane it will be us dd (2) ds (4) ds (7) just hope we can sit near each other.

DadInsteadofMum Tue 07-Jul-09 15:00:28

Easy jet will have no more than a dozen people speedy boarding (on average) they will rush for the front row and the emergency exit seat (where you can't sit with kids anyway), then come the special assistance which include families with kids under 5.

DebiTheScot Tue 07-Jul-09 15:16:17

it's not worth paying for priority boarding- we laughed at the people who payed for it on our last flight as they pushed and shoved to the front then we went on a bus and they didn't get on the plane first.

Buggy's don't count as luggage and a 3 year old is allowed one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now