Talk

Advanced search

Just a moan about Air NZ not being able to feed me on my short flight

(6 Posts)
thirtypence Mon 06-Jul-09 02:02:26

that lasts from 5.40 in the morning to 2.30 in the afternoon (with a change). They don't do gluten free for short flights.

In addition I can't take any food with a liquid component (no jam for instance), or any frozen gel packs to prevent me giving myself listeria.

My return flight is $1000. You think they'd be able to put something together for that.

Anyway - moan over it's only one day.

inscotland Mon 06-Jul-09 10:35:36

Can't you pick up a salad or fruit airside? Every airport I have been to has some food available airside. Just take in onboard with you.

CMOTdibbler Mon 06-Jul-09 10:41:09

I feel your pain - BA don't do gluten free meals on flights under 4 hours now. I just buy something at the airport - usually plenty of time to eat there. And, tbh, a better quality of food than when they do do a gf meal

You can have jam in your food, but not a pot of jam. Similarly with peanut butter or mayo.

I also find it a good excuse to have a nice junk food day of crisps, chocolate, and cereal bars smile

Kiwinyc Mon 06-Jul-09 17:36:04

Just ask for a few extra bags of their taro chips! They're gluten free! ;)

thirtypence Mon 06-Jul-09 21:23:34

I have found sushi place in Auckland airport that will make me gluten free sushi all packed up to take on the plane.

The hard bit is the way back - I don't think the tiny pacific airport is going to have much. Crisps it is!

The NZ website says no jam on your bread. shock

thirtypence Wed 08-Jul-09 02:41:44

I have to now apologise to Air NZ - they can now do gluten intolerant meals to Oz and the Pacific. Only for the last 6 days though - so I don't feel too bad.

I have ordered one and will report back.

Still packing a couple of chewy bars and crisps in case it all goes wrong though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now