Talk

Advanced search

What comes after travel cot?

(9 Posts)
goldenpeach Sun 05-Jul-09 11:04:26

My DD is two and the travel cot is too small for her as she is tall (90cm). What would you recommend? An inflatable bed (we saw one that was just over a metre so it won't last long), a sleeping bed (hotels abroad are tiled so it might be a bit hard)? Or would you trust the hotel to provide a decent bed? She still sleeps in a wooden cot at home so not used to a proper bed yet. Thanks for suggestions!

spicemonster Sun 05-Jul-09 11:06:56

My DS has a readybed which will last him until he's 4. I will use it as long as he's happy in it. It's only £30 so if it lasts him for 2 years, I don't think that's too bad.

CharlieandLolasMum Sun 05-Jul-09 11:07:04

What about a z bed?

LIZS Sun 05-Jul-09 11:20:18

She'll be fine in a bed with guard or put a blanket on the floor to stop her rolling onto tiles. Most 3rd beds are very low or pull out from a sofa.

goldenpeach Sun 05-Jul-09 11:22:17

Isn't z bed a bit bulky? I have something like that but it folds on largish square, we have a small car. Thanks Spice, we are looking at readybeds but on argos they also sell inflatable sleeping bags, unfortunately they are from 3 years old

abroadandmisunderstood Sun 05-Jul-09 11:28:07

We DIY it with chairs and cushions around a proper bed. DS1 has only fallen out once, and he didn't even notice!

amidaiwish Sun 05-Jul-09 11:38:02

dream tubes?

goldenpeach Sun 05-Jul-09 19:27:58

Thanks for all suggestions, my DP is very paranoid about falls and my DD is a 'baby elephant', quite strong and heavy - you wouldn't believe what she manages to knock off or carry around when awake. Will give your suggestions a thought!

DadInsteadofMum Mon 06-Jul-09 11:02:36

Portable bed guard

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now