Talk

Advanced search

To bring buggy or not bring buggy?

(7 Posts)
holdingittogether Fri 03-Jul-09 13:49:33

Going on hols to visit family in Spain in a few weeks time and youngest dc is 2 yrs 9 months. I can't decide whether to bring a buggy or not this year. We are staying in a rented apartment which is has a lot of steps to get to so it might be a pain to bump it up and down. Everything we need is close by beach, shops, pool etc and any where else we shall go by car so not planning on doing alot of walking. But buggy is useful to carry stuff and if he gets tired would be better than carrying him. Still use buggy alot at home but purely due to being in rush and busy roads rather than his inability to walk. Can't decide. What have others done when on holiday with a similar age child??

hifi Fri 03-Jul-09 13:55:49

i would definitely take it. you could always carry child/buggy separately down the stairs.also if your dc falls asleep at airport or delayed it will be a life saver. we took dd till last xmas and she was 4.5!
always do whenver in doubt!

EldonAve Fri 03-Jul-09 13:56:11

take it

one year I had to buy a buggy!

Ewe Fri 03-Jul-09 13:58:24

Def take it.

I assume it'll be fairly warm which will make carrying a horrible experience for both (one of the reasons I think they use buggies for so long on the continent!). Better to have it than not IMO.

holdingittogether Fri 03-Jul-09 14:00:49

I suppose if we do bring it we don't have to take it out with us everyday if we find we don't need to. Better to have it sat in the apartment than regret not having it.

holdingittogether Fri 03-Jul-09 17:36:04

I think we will bring it

gigglinggoblin Fri 03-Jul-09 17:38:18

Ask family if they can borrow one, if here I would ask on freecycle or swapshop type places. Could they advertise? Or maybe even buy a cheapy second hand one which they can sell when you leave?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now