Talk

Advanced search

Toddler friendly places in Paris

(6 Posts)
TabithaTwitchet Wed 01-Jul-09 12:30:39

We are taking DD in September for the weekend, she will be 20 months.
Any recommendations for good (inexpensive)hotels, places to go etc gratefully received.
I've never been to Paris either so it's all new for me too.

TabithaTwitchet Thu 02-Jul-09 14:16:52

Bump

Bubbaluv Tue 18-Aug-09 10:10:49

www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187147-c1076/Paris:France:Paris.With.Small.Children.html

cockles Tue 18-Aug-09 10:13:31

I'd suggest getting a hotel near gardens/park - Paris is not good on green space or playgrounds.

laraeo Wed 19-Aug-09 10:07:10

We went for a week (at the end of a month long France tour) with our DS who was about 16 months (as a matter of fact, he started walking in Paris grin). We were there for a week and opted for an apartment on the left bank (7th district near the Eiffel Tower). From there we were able to walk everywhere.

Paris isn't cheap but you don't have to spend a fortune to eat well and see the sights. Most of the restaurants we went to were fairly child friendly (no chains) and the waitstaff all interacted with DS.

FYI, no strollers or baby backpacks can go up the Eiffel Tower. The Rodin museum is child friendly since many of the sculptures are in a large outdoor garden. The only thing that didn't work was the Seine river tour - DS hated being cooped up on the boat - luckily it was only an hour.

You and DD will love it.

branflake81 Wed 19-Aug-09 10:43:53

Parc des buttes chaumont is very nice and one of the few parks you're allowed on the grass, likewise Vincenees where you can hire bikes/boats, although both are a bit of a trek on the metro.

I second the Rodin museum for the outside bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now