Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Efteling park

(11 Posts)
TwinSetAndPearls Sun 15-May-05 22:07:26

We are going to Holland next week for five days, mainly to take dd (3) to the efteling park.

People who have been, do you think we will need one or two days at efteling? What else would you recommend in the area?

I was thinking spending a market day in Hertogenbosch and then a day on bikes at the National park De meinweg, but am very open to ideas.

TwinSetAndPearls Mon 16-May-05 22:02:00

anybody??

miggy Mon 16-May-05 22:15:46

efeteling is lovely. really pretty and lots of lovely things for little ones just to look at without going on scarey rides.
We stayed at a nearby sunparks-centreparks type place with swimming pool etc. The golden tulip hotel looks nice with themed rooms.

TwinSetAndPearls Mon 16-May-05 23:49:23

WE are on a hoseasons resort, got a wooden cabin, dp is very excited as I think he thinks he is getting nooky in the hottub! Is currently sulking downstairs as I have told him I ahve invited my Mum along and she is loking forward to spending her nights with a glass of champers in the hottub!!

ps she isn't, i will put him out of his misery in a moment.

TwinSetAndPearls Mon 16-May-05 23:50:10

thanks miggy, dd is very excited, spends half an hour every night looking at the website!

Twiga Tue 17-May-05 00:21:35

Wow,that really brings back ace childhood memories for me. We lived in Germany for a while coz dad's in the forces and efteling park in Holland was on of the places we used to go in the holidays. Loved the whole fairy tale theme - wander if they've still got the talking toadstools? Probably changed heaps since I was a child (not been for at least 23 years, am now 27), but remember the boat ride being ace - could feed the ducks, liked playing in and out of the giant toadstool houses - Miggy's right plenty of cool stuff to do wihtout the need for scarey rides. When you get back post and let me know if they've still got the man sat on a toadstool whose neck gets longer as he tells his story. Think a day might be enough but that said I would imagine it's bigger than it was years ago so can't really say. Have a fab time, am

Twiga Tue 17-May-05 00:25:15

ps. check out their website here efteling park , nb. I've answered my own question the guy with the long neck is on the front page! Still post and tell us about your visit though. I think your dd will love it!!!

TwinSetAndPearls Tue 17-May-05 00:43:35

thankyou twiga, I heard about Efteling from mumsnet, other mums enthusing about it as an alternative to disney!

All my friends are waiting for my verdict when i return before they all go.

the website is fab, my dd and dp are on it every day.

bobbybob Tue 17-May-05 03:01:54

I remember spending whole days there when I was a child. So it must be a two day affair now!

Twiga Tue 05-Jul-05 17:46:18

Twinsetandpearls, just wandering how your trip went and if your dd enjoyed the park?

Eshay Fri 15-Jul-05 21:43:31

Twinsetandpearls,

how was it? I am from holland and used to go to De Efteling on school trips etc. Great place for little ones and also for bigger kids. I used to love the guys who ask you for your litter - they have a big open mouth that sucks up your ice cream wrappers etc. Ah... good memories....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now