Talk

Advanced search

Any recommendations please for car hire & booster seats in France ??

(2 Posts)
mariemarie Mon 29-Jun-09 11:10:38

We are off to France next month and want to hire a car. Want to pay as little as possible and have looked at some of the websites but the prices vary soooo much.

Got 3 children so need something middle sized really, cant fit all luggage in a tiny 3door thing. Was thinking of something like a Ford Focus or Astra???

Also, with regards to the booster seats, I dont really want to pay £30 per child to hire a booster seat and was thinking of taking my own lightweight ones. We are flying with Ryan Air and each of us gets 10kg hand luggage. Can I put the booster seats in a bag each for my children and take them on as hand luggage?

thisisyesterday Mon 29-Jun-09 11:18:37

my top tip would be not to use Record Go car hire. they're awful!

i would def pay more to use avis or hertz, and you will get decent child seats with them too if you choose to do it that way.

not sure about the booster seats as hand luggage, you'd need to check that they fit the size limitations. if they do then I can't see why you shouldn't take them as hand luggage

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now