Talk

Advanced search

Places with non-chlorine pools

(5 Posts)
letshaveacupoftea Sun 28-Jun-09 00:14:59

My younger DS (nearly 3) has had a horrible time with his breathing (including a stay in hospital with pneumonia on his last holiday).
DH has asthma, and doctors are not sure if DS does too.
I have decided to keep him away from chlorinated pools as they can apparently increase the chances of a child developing asthma.
Sadly, there are no non-chlorine pools near where we live so he is missing out.
I wondered if anyone has been on a holiday somewhere with a non-chlorine pool.

kathyis6incheshigh Sun 28-Jun-09 00:33:08

No but have you thought about wild swimming? It is obviously not as safe as a pool, but if you find somewhere with a gently shelving beach (a lot of the lakes in the Lake District have places like this as long as you pick them carefully and don't go out too far) and supervise very carefully it's fine. That's what I do with my dcs - mainly because I prefer wild swimming to pools myself. eg here

paisleyleaf Sun 28-Jun-09 00:34:48

They are out there, I just don't know how you'd find them.
My DD had swim lessons in a salt water pool. That was a private pool in Sussex. But chatting to the swim school teacher - the salt is getting to be a more and more popular choice. So they are out there, I just don't know how you'd find them.
But if you're looking at a holiday, of course there's always the sea.

letshaveacupoftea Sun 28-Jun-09 21:15:24

Thank you for the ideas - I will be looking into the lakes.

busybeingmum Sun 28-Jun-09 22:16:22

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now