Talk

Advanced search

need a shady/NO SUN escape for toddler with burns

(4 Posts)
vannah Fri 26-Jun-09 21:49:54

Can anyone please suggest where on earth I might go? Im going mad here. About a month ago my dd aged 1.5 was in a horrible burns accident, (boiling water) which affected her face, neck, chest and arms. Have been told by the consultants that we have to be extra careful about the sun this year and next, her skin will heal in a few years but could be permanently damaged (colour) if she catches any sun meanwhile.

Hence Im petrified of emerging from our flat, especially as it is early days. However its a first floor flat in London and this stuffy weather is driving my daughter and son (3) mad being cooped indoors.

Ive looked up 'lodges' in forests/ but from images Ive seen they are only partly surrounded by trees. Lots of sunny spots.

Anywhere in UK (or abroad not too far) we cn go where there will be mostly indoor activities and a lot of shade? centreparcs any good? expensive?
thought about butlins, but once read on mumsnet that it can be dirty/unhygenic so cant take any risks and need to keep her well.

thanks, may also post in uk travel

Sheeta Fri 26-Jun-09 21:52:19

how about somewhere in the wye valley or new forest? You can stay in very woody shaded area. I know you would be outside, but if you camp you can actually really control your environment, with wind-breaks, umbrellas etc. Forest of dean would also be good.

hope this helps

vannah Fri 26-Jun-09 21:53:06

thanks sheeta! going to look up now

Sheeta Fri 26-Jun-09 22:05:02

I;m really sorry to hear about your DD's accident. DS is 18mo. I don't know what I would do.

Definitely sounds like a holiday is in order

Of course, you could always wait 6 months and go to Iceland to see the northern lights, reindeers etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now