Talk

Advanced search

Longhaul toys for a 1 year old boy

(6 Posts)
inscotland Fri 26-Jun-09 19:27:45

As the title says really! What can I buy him that is suitable? All his toys will be in our container so I need to get him something small enough for hand lugguage but not noisy so it keeps people awake!

thighsmadeofcheddar Fri 26-Jun-09 19:29:14

Is he too young for stickers/stickerbooks? My daughter loves them on our longhaul flights.

Twims Fri 26-Jun-09 19:30:36

How old is 1 - is he a little one who would be happy with baby toys or an older 1 who prefers things like duplo/sticklebricks etc?

inscotland Fri 26-Jun-09 20:59:28

Older stuff I think. He doesn't play with much of his baby stuff anyomore. Duplo/sticklebricks could work.

MakemineaGandT Fri 26-Jun-09 21:05:04

make sure you have an endless supply of snacks that take a while to eat. Don't worry about "proper" meals on this occasion - lots of little bits will keep him occupied. raisins in a box, little sandwiches, etc etc

I once did a 12 hr flight alone with my 18m DS - a bag of plastic farm animals were the hit toy of that particular flight. He put them in and out of the bag a zillion times

smee Sat 27-Jun-09 14:38:12

Straws are good. He can chew them, bend them - you can squish them together and twist them into different shapes + they're small and light to carry and it doesn't matter how many you lose. Perfect.. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now