Talk

Advanced search

lovelybum and plane seats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

(48 Posts)
almostanangel Sat 14-May-05 13:16:50

hello could some onepleas put my mind at rest .[hopefully]if you are over a size 16 will your bum fit in an airline seat ? please dont laugh im panicking

Evesmama Sat 14-May-05 13:20:09

yes, am 16+ and have flown several times...just lift the arm rest up so it doesnt dig into you

compo Sat 14-May-05 13:22:49

I would hope so - I think they say that's the average size of women these days. Are you off anywhere nice?!

almostanangel Sat 14-May-05 13:23:41

oh i have this fear of getting to the airport and they say sod off luv ..but dh says im being a dodo! and my bums lovely ..oh still worried

almostanangel Sat 14-May-05 13:24:10

australia renewing our vows never flown ,so argh

compo Sat 14-May-05 13:24:34

pmsl you'll be fine... honest

almostanangel Sat 14-May-05 13:24:57

no really im panicking! sob sob

compo Sat 14-May-05 13:24:58

wow!! you must be soooo excited

Evesmama Sat 14-May-05 13:25:10

oooooooooooooooooooooooooh how lovely

almostanangel Sat 14-May-05 13:26:07

very it will be on our 18th anniversary we renew our vows ..on the beach near the barrier reef ..thats if my ars* will fit on the plane

almostanangel Sat 14-May-05 13:27:08

its more exiting then our wedding was we broke up last year for a few months so when we got back togeather i got a new engagment ring

Evesmama Sat 14-May-05 13:30:13

chuckle

youll be fine honey

almostanangel Sat 14-May-05 13:30:58

i wont i will be on the news sob sob mumsnetter stuck on long haul flight ..

Evesmama Sat 14-May-05 13:32:10

least youll have somewhere to sit all through the hol

if im size 18-20 and your 16 i think you manage!

almostanangel Sat 14-May-05 13:33:26

no i am not a 16!!!! i wish!!! pmsl i said OVER a 16 he he so were you comfy in the seat then

Mhamai Sat 14-May-05 13:35:59

Hi AAA didn't catch full thread, when r u heading off? I'm off to Italy tomorrow for a wk, should be packing but I'm on here, as regards the flying bit, I got sick off nearly having heart attacks prior to every flight so popped down to gp last yr when I was going to NY, anyway he prescribed low dose of valium, not knock you for six type dosage, 5mg just enough to take the edge off, it worked a treat Anyway hope you have a wonderful time, sounds lovely [smile[

almostanangel Sat 14-May-05 13:36:49

havent had time to be scared of first flight yet!! more worried bout my arse in the seats pmsl though thank you

almostanangel Sat 14-May-05 13:37:54

mhami august!,,,maybe i should try valium ,then i could sit on someones lap and not care

Mhamai Sat 14-May-05 13:40:36

Your Ass will be fine AAA because if its anything like your namesake, big small or other, it can only be Almost Angelic Arse

almostanangel Sat 14-May-05 13:42:15

pmsl yes is angelic arse [says dh] but i still no nearer knowing if it will fit with all these bloody feathers in a cattle claass airline seat!! arghhhhh

almostanangel Sat 14-May-05 13:43:13

mharmi have a lovely time!!buenaserra

Mhamai Sat 14-May-05 13:46:40

Playing devils advocate to your Angelicness but maybe if you (not for real mind) present yourself to gp on sprained ankle type injury, get letter from gp, get on to said cattle airline with said injury and request seat at front of cattle carrier, just a thought

almostanangel Sat 14-May-05 13:47:58

will my arse be smaller in front of the plane then !! due to airstream or something

RTKangaMummy Sat 14-May-05 13:55:28

Business class arm rests do not move up IYSWIM

If the seat belt doesn't fit ask the stward for an extension

It is the ones that you use if you have a baby to buckle them in.

Don't sit in front row though cos the tables come from arm rests and have to rest on your tummy

Oh the joys of being voluptuous

You will be fine

Mhamai Sat 14-May-05 13:56:35

Actually didn't think that one through! doh! either way AAA you will be fine, now must go and do some packing! Volaray oh oh Its Amoray etc! ps this trip is really special, my first time in Italy, will be in Tuscany on Mums 6th anniversary, her granfather was from Tuscany, so will be there for her, she never got to go there and she loved Italy and will be buying a plant, to plant there also, will be very emotional for me but very beautiful too, maybe you can sprinkle some of your Angel dust my way

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now