Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Italy in September

(13 Posts)
ceej Fri 13-May-05 22:55:11

Would really like to go to Italy in September with DH and DD (who will be 20 months). Had thought of the Lakes but not sure how warm it will be in mid Sept. Would ideally like a beach holiday but we're not familiar with the Italian regions. Does anyone have any recommendations please.

sarahhal Sat 14-May-05 15:33:18

We went here la randa towards the end of last October(with a company called Autoplan holidays not the link I've given!!!) To be honest the weather was awful but I think mid September would be better. We got ridiculously cheap flights with Ryan Air from Stanstead to Brescia then hired a car. We've been to Lake Garda a few times now and love it but with children I'd make sure you are withing walking distance of one of the larger resorts (by larger I mean at least a handful of restaurants and cafés) as the smaller areas tend to be really quiet out of season and you end up driving even on an evening.

MaryP0p1 Sat 14-May-05 16:03:27

We live in Italy. September will be a really nice time of year to come to Italy because, its not so busy (Italian holidays are August) and the weather is not so hot. Minor point, it is also not guaranteed and can be a bit changeable. There are lots of places to holiday that are absolutely lovely. Have a look at Italy magazine for some ideas.

MaryP0p1 Sat 14-May-05 16:03:34

We live in Italy. September will be a really nice time of year to come to Italy because, its not so busy (Italian holidays are August) and the weather is not so hot. Minor point, it is also not guaranteed and can be a bit changeable. There are lots of places to holiday that are absolutely lovely. Have a look at Italy magazine for some ideas.

Eve Sat 14-May-05 17:03:53

Mid September is warm by our standards, cold by Italian standards, if you go to the beach the Italians will think you are nuts.

They only go into the sea and on the beach with kids in July and August...we used to go in September, before DS started school and we though weather was lovely (quite South though) and got told off by some Grandmammas for leeting our child in the sea.

ceej Sat 14-May-05 20:16:00

Thanks for your suggestions!

SofiaAmes Sun 15-May-05 00:03:07

We have been going here for years and love it. It would be lovely in september. It's a family owned hotel and very very child friendly. Fly into rome and take the train down (about 1.25 hours). If you do book, make sure you mention my name.

collision Sun 15-May-05 08:12:05

Hi MaryPop......how is it all going? Was the move good? Will email you.

We live in Tuscany and the weather is great in September tho cooler in the evening.

MaryP0p1 Sun 15-May-05 08:28:23

The move was awful. I though I'd died and gone to hell, but all worth it? We had a great thunder storm yesterday.

My friend and I planted our vegi patch yesterday. I have tomatoes (various kinds), corgettes, marrows, sweet peppers and hot peppers.

How are you and your preparations for your move. I sent you an email but maybe you didn't get it?

almostanangel Sun 15-May-05 08:30:26

mp!!! hello move go ok?

MaryP0p1 Sun 15-May-05 08:34:04

Hi AA, no awful. I got to go DH making horrid faces at me.......

almostanangel Sun 15-May-05 08:37:15

lol take care

Ellbell Sun 15-May-05 21:33:08

I second what someone else said about people thinking you are mad if you go to the beach outside of July/August. I swam in the sea in April once, and everyone I knew was convinced that I'd get pneumonia and die immediately, lol!

In September the weather should be good. Last year was particularly dodgy everywhere, I think. But if you want a beach holiday you could think of going a bit further south. Somewhere like the Neapolitan Riviera/Amalfi coast (very beautiful) or even Puglia (I think there's even a cheapo airline that flies to Puglia now). I'd love to go to Sicily and/or the Aeolian Islands.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now