Talk

Advanced search

Majorca car hire.

(10 Posts)
ThePhantomPlopper Mon 22-Jun-09 20:29:47

Any recommendations for pick up at the airport?

Am drowning in choice over here.

Ta Muchly.

sb6699 Mon 22-Jun-09 21:00:41

I'm looking too. I book one from the airport every year but going in peak season this time and its so bloody expensive.

Avoid Hertz like the Plague. Holiday Autos send a rep rather than an office, car was clean, car seats filthy. Argus, immaculate car, immaculate car seats, again they send a rep.

Record have an office and car/seats always pretty good, but not the cheapest.

ThePhantomPlopper Mon 22-Jun-09 21:11:14

I'm going in August, its v.pricey.

Argus are coming in as the cheapest so far, so would you recommend them?

tiredemma Mon 22-Jun-09 21:12:59

We use Hertz

ThePhantomPlopper Mon 22-Jun-09 21:20:37

Is sending a rep good or bad? I don't usually hire at the airport.

Maveta Mon 22-Jun-09 21:22:31

I live/work here and we use a company called Vanrell, they send someone to meet you at the meeting point to give you your keys/contract/ take you to the car. Not sure how they compare price wise but always seem reasonable to me.

hifi Tue 23-Jun-09 10:38:08

stay away from sixt, they too 900.00 deposit from us even though we had pre paid.

Ruthiebabes Tue 23-Jun-09 11:19:44

I would highly recommend autosroig.com. They were great last year. Probably not the cheapest but worth a quote.

ThePhantomPlopper Tue 23-Jun-09 17:45:16

Well I've booked with Argus.

They were cheap enough.

Thanks all.

sb6699 Tue 23-Jun-09 18:41:40

As I said, Argus were really good. Our car literally only had delivery miles on it.

They send a rep to meet you at the meeting point in arrivals where you sign the contract and he will take you to the car. I think they only leave enough petrol for you to reach the petrol station but its not bad as its right outside the airport.

Hope you have a great time. I still havent booked anything because of the cost (3 dcs means we need something pretty big) and I'm due to fly out on 18th July.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now