Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ella's Kitchens on planes - LeedsBradford Airport, Jet2

(7 Posts)
BikeRunSki Sat 20-Jun-09 15:15:45

We are flying to France in a couple of weeks. The flight is at 12 noon and we will need to feed DS (9 months) during the flight.

Obviously I can't take glass jars. Not sure about the "hygiene" of taking home made stuff in a tupperware pot and hanging around in the airport for a while before hand (DH is one of those people who has to be in the airport about 2 days before hand).

Has anyone had experience of taking Ella's Kitchen food on planes - not glass and their website says that the packets don't explode on planes under pressure, but I am wondering about taking them through security - metal packets, and would they be counted as liquid?

thisisyesterday Sat 20-Jun-09 20:40:46

i think you're ok with them, but they may make you open and taste them.
personally i'd just take a little sandwich or something for him

elvislives Sat 20-Jun-09 20:42:30

Why can't you take glass jars? We flew to NZ via LAX last year and they allowed us to take sealed babyfood jars for DD through all the security points.

CMOTdibbler Sat 20-Jun-09 20:43:41

They count as liquid. You'll have to open them and taste.

But do you really want to take puree on a plane if you don't have to ? The mess potential is large.

At 9 months, some satsuma segments, sandwiches, and some breadstick should do the trick nicely

ruddynorah Sat 20-Jun-09 20:44:11

it will be a fairly short flight i'd assume. i'd just take little packed lunch, like a banana, a babybel, some cucumber, a bread roll.

Beanmummy Tue 23-Jun-09 12:41:24

Hi there, we flew from Bristol to Malaga at the beginning of the month and took Ella's Kitchen, I had the 3 packets in a clear plastic box and had no problems

BikeRunSki Sun 28-Jun-09 09:42:37

Thanks for your replies ladies.

I will take him a packed lunch of the Babybel, fruit and sandwich variety, but wanted to take some Ella's as spares. He sucks them out of the packet and "drinks" them, so all actually very tidy. I didn't try to teach him to do this, but was quite pleased when he grabbed the packet out of my hand and did it.
Maybe I should have more faith in budget airlines keeping to schedule!

Re glass jars - I didn't think they were allowed in hand luggage on flights leaving the UK?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now