Talk

Advanced search

stansted airport can i take aptimal ready made milk cartons through security??

(7 Posts)
bangthedrums Sat 20-Jun-09 15:09:59

anyone know if i can take ready made milk cartons through security at stansted or should i make it up to taste or take milk powder & water to mix when needed and/or risk buying cartons at departures?

i will need to take 2 feeds with me.

thanks
x

bangthedrums Sat 20-Jun-09 15:10:25

and one extra feed just in case of delays! x

Bucharest Sat 20-Jun-09 15:12:53

If they are in individual sealed 100ml bags you should be OK I think, but check the CAA website.
As far as I remember as long as liquids are in 100ml containers or less, and presented in sealed see-through plastic bags you are OK.

kk75 Sat 20-Jun-09 15:12:56

Hi
I took 2 small cartons (and a half full bottle) through security at Stansted in March this year. They made me open one of the cartons, and put it in a bottle and taste it - but didn't ask me to open the other or taste the milk already in the bottle.

Hope this helps.

Bucharest Sat 20-Jun-09 15:13:55

There is quite a big Boots on the departure side of Stansted btw, so you can always buy more once you've faffed your way through security...I always just buy all my drinks and stuff once I've gone through security.

BikeRunSki Sat 20-Jun-09 15:25:41

I have been having this same discussion by email with the security folk at Leeds Bradford airport, who advised me to bring bottles of water and powder seperately. HiPP sell their milk in individual feed packets, like Cuppa Soup sachets (only online though, and only in batches of 10). I have bought some of these and have been giving DS HiPP from time to time to see how he gets on (fine, but he is 9 months old and weaning, so not really that fussy about having different milk from time to time).

bangthedrums Sat 20-Jun-09 18:53:38

thanks all very helpful! i'll take powder and water with me and get cartons at boots in departures!

cant deal with the hassle of opening every carton!

BRS - sma used to do sachets of powder too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now