Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Transfer times between terminals at Heathrow?

(9 Posts)
Wallace Thu 12-May-05 21:41:59

We are flying out of terminal four at Heathrow. I now need to arrange flights into heathrow from scotland. Which terminal would that be? And how long should I allow for transfer between terminals?

Thanks

gingerbear Thu 12-May-05 21:43:28

terminal 1 for domestic flights? I would allow at least 50 mins - 1 hour to transfer (esp if have children)

janeybops Thu 12-May-05 21:48:22

it is only a few minutes on the tube from terminal 1,2,3 and terminal 4. although I it is a loop so you may have to go back to Hatton Cross and change so could take 20 mins!!! Can check with dh if you like.

Wallace Thu 12-May-05 21:54:13

Thanks, If you could check with dh that would be helpful.

Of course any figure you give me I will double it and add on half an hour "to be on the safe side"

whymummy Thu 12-May-05 22:10:47

the tube for terminal 4 is closed at the moment,dh says you have to get the paddington express from terminal 1

tamum Thu 12-May-05 22:17:21

I think they're running a shuttle bus service to Terminal 4 from Hatton Cross. It's definitely Terminal 1 that you'll arrive in from Scotland. I would agree you'll need to allow an hour, probably.

tamum Thu 12-May-05 22:21:10

Oh yes sorry, just noticed whymummy's post- much easier to get the Heathrow express shuttle.

MeerkatsUnite Fri 13-May-05 10:34:22

Some general information re transferring at Heathrow:-

The Flight Connections Centre (FCC) is a facility specially designed and dedicated for passengers connecting through Heathrow. If you have a connection through Terminal 1 or Terminal 2 you will have access to the facilities in the FCC, passengers connecting between Terminals 3 and 4 will not use the FCC - but will have access to similar facilities in those terminals. The FCC is linked to Terminals 3 and 4 by a continuous coach service that runs on a ten minute rotation. Passengers can connect to Terminals 1 and 2 via covered walkways.

If you get lost, ask!. There always seems to be plenty of staff at LHR around and they can assist.

You need to ensure that your luggage is checked through to its final destination upon arrival at the airport in Scotland (then at Heathrow it will be placed automatically onto the next plane). They need to tell you at check in what the exact position is with regards to the suitcases.

Wallace Fri 13-May-05 21:26:20

Thanks that sounds great...not too hard

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now