Talk

Advanced search

West Coast of Scotland

(13 Posts)
Lea2003 Thu 12-May-05 21:35:50

Anyone have any ideas of Caravan Parks on the west coast near to a beach with playpark and nice local pub for first time holiday with 18 month old?

Hopefully not too expensive!

Thanks

Lea

Wallace Thu 12-May-05 21:57:53

No idea, but sounds nice

mears Thu 12-May-05 22:06:31

What about here

Anteater Fri 13-May-05 12:18:51

This site lists the best sites available;
www.alanrogers.com

From memory Park of Brandedleys (sp?) and Brighouse Bay are both previous AA Scotish site of the year winners..

Skribble Sat 14-May-05 22:38:43

Have you got your own van or want to rent static?

Toothache Sat 14-May-05 22:47:54

Lea2003 - If you don't have your own caravan then what about a rented cottage on Arran? I'm just back today and it was amaaaaaazing!! Can't emphasise how beautiful it is. And only 55mins on the ferry from Ardrossan. If you want more info then let me know.

KBear Sat 14-May-05 22:51:33

\link{http://www.ukparks.co.uk/caolasnacon}

Not on the coast but lochside and quiet, peaceful and unspoilt. Lots of space for little ones to run.

My children love it.

KBear Sat 14-May-05 22:51:47

I CANNOT do links!

Fimbo Sat 14-May-05 23:35:06

What about this? . Lovely island. It's about a 10 minute ferry crossing from Largs.

Lea2003 Sat 21-May-05 19:58:30

Toothache - any more info would be great - haven't had chance to look at replies earlier - busier than usual week!

Lea

KristinaM Mon 23-May-05 10:14:43

Toothache - can you tell us about the cottage you stayed in? Where was it on Arran, how big, would you recommend it? Cost???

Thanks

gscrym Mon 23-May-05 10:46:26

I've been to Coalsnacon years ago and remember it being beautiful. I was also diving up there yesterday and the weather was great, no midges and quite sunny. It really is a beautiful area if the weather is good and the midges give it a rest.

Toothache Mon 23-May-05 11:13:39

Lea2003 & KristinaM - We booked through Arran Hideaways . We got a cracking bargain, but he isn't taking anymore bookings until January as he's refurbishing the cottage and adding 2 more en suite rooms.

The cottage we booked is called West Winds in Brodick. Brodick is a good place to stay as the ferry comes in there and there's a big Co-op. Plus most places in Brodick had a wonderful view of Brodick Bay and Castle. Out of this world I swear to god!

My budget was £300-£400 for 7 nights. My stipulations were: Sea view, Washing Machine/Tumble Dryer, cot. Plus Electricity/Gas included in the price.

There were loads of cottages available! We took West Winds coz its 4 star, but since it was last minute booking the price was reduced from £750 per week to £350!!! Too good to miss.

The whole island is fantastic, every village looks totally different from the one before and completely unique.

Gorgeous walks, crazy golf, fishing, beaches, rock pools, horse-riding. Cheesemaking, chocolate factory and Arran Aromatics factory! Loved it.

We took the car and travelled all over the island and managed to see a few of the other cottages we were considering, all beautiful. Ds loved it too. Dd is a bit young to appreciate it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now