Talk

Advanced search

10th anniversary: ideas for a romantic break

(7 Posts)
dizzymac Fri 19-Jun-09 22:28:18

We had a fairly unexciting honeymoon 10 years ago and were really hoping to go away for a couple of nights for our 10th... BUT.... we can't decide where to go.

We'd like to stay in the UK to get maximum time away and quite like the look of somewhere like the Devonshire Arms but a little cheaper.

We've got about £650 to spend on 2 nights all in.

Can the collective wisdom of MN help?

LilianGish Fri 19-Jun-09 22:31:14

Burgh Island Hotel - can't do links. Google it - it looks amazing.

dizzymac Fri 19-Jun-09 22:35:26

It is lovely but just outside our budget I'm afraid.

selby Fri 19-Jun-09 22:59:11

UK - Lake District. DH treated me to a weekend herelast year for my birthday. I also had a fab hot stones spa massage which I would highly recommend - twas bliss!

dizzymac Sat 20-Jun-09 08:22:16

Again it is really lovely but it would work out at £600 before food and spends!!!

selby Sat 20-Jun-09 19:12:26

When we stayed at Holbeck Ghyll at the end of last Oct, the tariff of £180 pp included dinner at its Michelin starred restaurant & breakfast. The tariff will obviously vary according to room & season - we had a Lakeview room and all I can say is that the location & hotel surpasses what it looks like on its website. It was 'Wow!' as we drove up and parked and it was 'Wow!' when we saw the glorious view from our room. Need I say more? If you don't have to go high season, you can probably haggle for a last minute deal.

dizzymac Sat 20-Jun-09 22:42:50

Unfortunately our anniversary is August. But thank you so much much for trying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now