Talk

Advanced search

kid free special weekend - where would you go ?

(10 Posts)
Wheelybug Fri 19-Jun-09 14:04:39

If you had 2 nights for 10th wedding anniversary, no kids, money no object (within reason) - where would you go ?

end of july (next yr), live in london.....

DLI Fri 19-Jun-09 18:05:27

Ireland or France - not paris bus a cottage in some ruralish part of France

cat64 Fri 19-Jun-09 18:12:21

Message withdrawn

WynkenBlynkenandNod Fri 19-Jun-09 18:39:28

Vienna

Wheelybug Fri 19-Jun-09 19:58:07

Seem to have 2 threads running saying the same - oops !

Thanks for your suggestions -

DLI - I had thought about Ireland actually but wasn't sure where... Rural france, chateau - hmm that might work too although we did a chateau for DH's 30th but that was many moons ago !

Cat - Peak district sounds lovely. At the moment 'money is no object' because I am in the planning stages.... when it comes to it DH might rein me in a bit grin. We've also had a lot of stressful things occur in the last couple of years so think it'd be nice to treat ourselves.

Wynken - always think of Vienna as a winter location but that might mean it'll be quieter. Not somewhere I've been either - thanks !

Rindercella Fri 19-Jun-09 19:59:42

Blow the budget and go to Le Manoir

Portofino Fri 19-Jun-09 20:03:49

Barcelona! ooh there was a posh hotel - no kids allowed......I'll see if I can find it.

Portofino Fri 19-Jun-09 20:09:20

Well I did a quick google and didn't find the place I was thinking of (yet) but this website looks fab

Portofino Fri 19-Jun-09 20:16:30

I think it was this one....

Wheelybug Fri 19-Jun-09 20:24:36

Ooh that looks nice portofino - Also found a lovely looking hotel in Mr & Mrs Smith - DH had suggested looking in there but I'd forgotten.

Rindercella - a good idea but DH wants seaside if we stay in UK !

Think I will have to draw up a shortlist of different ideas...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now