Talk

Advanced search

kid free special weekend - where would you go ?

(10 Posts)
Wheelybug Fri 19-Jun-09 14:04:39

If you had 2 nights for 10th wedding anniversary, no kids, money no object (within reason) - where would you go ?

end of july (next yr), live in london.....

DLI Fri 19-Jun-09 18:05:27

Ireland or France - not paris bus a cottage in some ruralish part of France

cat64 Fri 19-Jun-09 18:12:21

Message withdrawn

WynkenBlynkenandNod Fri 19-Jun-09 18:39:28

Vienna

Wheelybug Fri 19-Jun-09 19:58:07

Seem to have 2 threads running saying the same - oops !

Thanks for your suggestions -

DLI - I had thought about Ireland actually but wasn't sure where... Rural france, chateau - hmm that might work too although we did a chateau for DH's 30th but that was many moons ago !

Cat - Peak district sounds lovely. At the moment 'money is no object' because I am in the planning stages.... when it comes to it DH might rein me in a bit grin. We've also had a lot of stressful things occur in the last couple of years so think it'd be nice to treat ourselves.

Wynken - always think of Vienna as a winter location but that might mean it'll be quieter. Not somewhere I've been either - thanks !

Rindercella Fri 19-Jun-09 19:59:42

Blow the budget and go to Le Manoir

Portofino Fri 19-Jun-09 20:03:49

Barcelona! ooh there was a posh hotel - no kids allowed......I'll see if I can find it.

Portofino Fri 19-Jun-09 20:09:20

Well I did a quick google and didn't find the place I was thinking of (yet) but this website looks fab

Portofino Fri 19-Jun-09 20:16:30

I think it was this one....

Wheelybug Fri 19-Jun-09 20:24:36

Ooh that looks nice portofino - Also found a lovely looking hotel in Mr & Mrs Smith - DH had suggested looking in there but I'd forgotten.

Rindercella - a good idea but DH wants seaside if we stay in UK !

Think I will have to draw up a shortlist of different ideas...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: