Talk

Advanced search

Any suggestions of where I can take DP for his birthday? He quite lives places where there are things of interest. Was thinking maybe Krakow??

(15 Posts)
Aimsmum Thu 18-Jun-09 19:23:14

Message withdrawn

FiveGoMadInDorset Thu 18-Jun-09 19:29:08

As city breaks we have done Venice and Budapest, we really enjoyed both but they were completelt different. I wouldn't rule out Rome. By the way we went to both places at the beginning of November wnd both were warm, Budapest it was shorts and t shirts bizarrly.

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 18-Jun-09 19:31:06

Message withdrawn

TotalChaos Thu 18-Jun-09 19:31:22

ah but conversely Krakow is likely to be rather parky, whereas Rome is likely to be quite pleasant in November..... Never been to Krakow, I know plenty of people who have and thought it was great. Was about to suggest Prague but see he's already been!

geogteach Thu 18-Jun-09 19:32:54

Krakow is good. centre has pretty old town and castle. Then there are the Jewish ghettos to visit with a few synagogues. There are salt mines outside the city. You can also go to Auschwitz (we had kids with us so didn't), I would recommend it as a city break and we went at a similar time of year.

Aimsmum Thu 18-Jun-09 19:41:30

Message withdrawn

FiveGoMadInDorset Thu 18-Jun-09 20:07:45

Look ate expedia.co.uk, we booked both of our breaks through there and were really reasonable. for 4 nights in Venice it was £400 for both of us for flights and hotel on a B&B basis

Stinkyfeet Thu 18-Jun-09 20:48:36

We went to Rome in December and the weather was beautiful. Sunny days, not too warm, but perfect for walking about all day. Obviously a bit cooler (and sometimes wet) in the evenings, but all in all it was lovely!

MrsMuddle Thu 18-Jun-09 21:00:59

Ainsmum, are you still in Glasgow? If so, you can get a direct flight from Prestwick to Krakow. My friend has just come back, and he said it was great.

Aimsmum Thu 18-Jun-09 21:05:50

Message withdrawn

MrsMuddle Thu 18-Jun-09 21:31:25

Yes, it was with Ryanair. It could well be a seasonal flight.

You can go all year round from Edi with Ryanair or Easyjet though.

geordieminx Thu 18-Jun-09 22:02:22

Barcelona - no doubt

jkklpu Thu 18-Jun-09 22:04:46

Marrakesh. Took dh for surprise 40th birthday trip (before dc). Was in December so wanted somewhere further South. Lived in Paris at the time so lots of connections, and may be harder from here. But it's not eurozone so, once you're there, cheaper than lots of other places.

How about Berlin?

Noonki Thu 18-Jun-09 22:10:15

krakow is fab.

Aimsmum Fri 19-Jun-09 09:46:58

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now