Talk

Advanced search

Monte da Quinta,Anyone been?

(3 Posts)
Saffy77 Wed 17-Jun-09 22:54:01

Hey

Need a bit of advice in regards to the Monte da Quinta Club in the Algarve. We have booked a huge villa with a pool but am panicking as the pool has no safe guards. I have a 22 month old and am worried about accidents. What can I do?

Also can we get cows milk from the resort and how helpful are the staff? Its our first family holiday and am actually getting a bit apprehensive now! Any other advice in regards to the resort or general advice would be much appreciated.

Saffy

Kiwinyc Thu 18-Jun-09 13:36:49

Yes we spent two weeks there in April/May 2007. The staff were really lovely and helpful, there is a little shop onsite where you can buy the basics but theres also a supermarket about 10min drive in the main shopping area (you will pass it on the way in from the airport into the resort) where you can get everything.

We had a 3yo and an 11mth old who was crawling and kept the door to the pool shut/locked or else one of us was outside with the children generally.
I suppose you could buy a swim jacket with floats and dress them in that at all times, this would give you a few extra mins but is not a substitute for a life jacket, otherwise you will just need to be vigilent and make sure there is an adult responsible for knowing where your child is at all times.

Have a great time though, its lovely there.

Saffy77 Thu 18-Jun-09 17:57:23

Thank you so much.

I guess we shall just have to do the same as you and just keep the doors locked until we are ready to go outside!

Saffy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now