Talk

Advanced search

Which bottled water for Baby?

(8 Posts)
MrsBish Wed 17-Jun-09 21:42:10

We're off to France next week and I just need to know if there's one of the brands of bottled water which I can give to my 8 month old baby directly.

Please don't tell me that I need to boil all her water, as that'll be rather annoying!!

Please tell.

LIZS Wed 17-Jun-09 21:44:04

I believe Evian carries a baby friendly symbol and has the lowest sodium levels but is n't recommended for regular use so may still be worth boiling where you can.

MrsBish Fri 19-Jun-09 13:12:57

Do I need to be careful about giving my 3 year old bottled water? TBH, I give it to him in the UK sometimes and hadn't worried about it.

Should I be boiling it for him too?

jumpyjan Fri 19-Jun-09 13:15:51

When we went to France my HV recommended Evian as it has lower salt levels. DD was 6 months and exclusively breast fed and as it turned out we did not need the 10 bottles I packed as it rained and was quite chilly!

I hope you have some sunshine!

timmette Fri 19-Jun-09 17:54:51

spa

BikeRunSki Sat 20-Jun-09 15:08:44

My HV said Evian too.

I think I remember the sodium levels need to be under 10 per whatever the unit is they use as a standard. Sorry-vague as but once you look at a bottle all will be clear grin. We found shop own brands varied enormously in France. Evian I guess is the better known brand, but we couldn't always find it in the local supermarkets so used own brand. DD was 10 months but we had no probs.

frAKKINPannikin Sat 20-Jun-09 18:04:08

I use Evian as a maternity nanny when travelling.

Boiling mineral water won't help - it's the sodium content that's an issue.

Where is France are you going? There are some local brands which are okay and some which definitely aren't!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now