Talk

Advanced search

Heathrow cheap hotel recomendation please

(14 Posts)
MrsBoo Wed 17-Jun-09 18:49:34

We are using our airmiles to travel this year for our holidays - but this has meant we need to connect at Heathrow at the start and at the end of the holiday. we will need a hotel only for sleeping - will be leaving very eary 5am-ish on both days.
Does anyone know of cheap airport hotel, we will want a room for 4 people.

thanks in advance

KashaSarrasin Wed 17-Jun-09 19:47:56

We stayed in the Heathrow Central Travelodge about a month ago - we were lucky and managed to get a family room for 22 quid. It was quite good by travelodge standards, everything very new and clean, plus great views of planes coming into land over the restaurant/bar.

It's not that "central" though, you need to get one of the shuttle buses (or a taxi), about 10-15 minutes depending on terminal.

CMOTdibbler Wed 17-Jun-09 21:15:12

If you'll need carparking, it's worth checking out the package deals of hotel and carparking.

The Travelodge is pretty good though - I've stayed there a number of times for early flights

Leslaki Thu 18-Jun-09 19:11:50

Was just going to reccomend the travelodge - I've just booked it!! I've combined it with a meet n greet service (purple parking) as that's so hassle free!! Drive to departures, leave them with your car, then phone from arrivals when you get back and they will meet you in front of arrivals with your car - no faffing about with car parks etc!
I've got a family room for £22 and £5.99 per adult for all you can eat breakfast and the kids eat free!!! yaay!

Kasha - was the restarant good to eat in?

KashaSarrasin Thu 18-Jun-09 19:51:16

Restaurant was OK, the usual burger/chips/lasagne pub-type menu. There are some local restaurants and takeaways too IIRC.

Leslaki Thu 18-Jun-09 21:25:20

Hmm - was gonna go down earlyish the day before our flight and take the Dc into London so might eat there - although I culd ahve some wine with dinner if we eat at the hotel grin

MrsBoo Sat 20-Jun-09 11:47:51

Thanks all, sorry I disappeared for a bit, I am very grateful for the tips and will try booking the Travelodge. We really only need beds, as both days we have eary flights.

Louise2004 Sat 20-Jun-09 11:56:31

We've stayed at the Park Inn a couple of times, booked via lastminute or expedia (can't remember which, sorry). It was functional, comfortable and easy - very close to the airport (about 5-10 mins by shuttle bus) but you can't hear the planes and they've put in excellent black out blinds. They have a cafe/restaurant but we didn't use it, as well as a swimming pool, which we didn't use either. Travelodge sounds good - I'll check it out the next time we have an early flight, thanks.

MrsBoo Thu 25-Jun-09 10:40:43

Update, I managed to get both nights booked at the new Travelodge near Terminal 5, where we are departing from.
One night I got for £35, and one night for £22.00 so I am pleased with that.
thanks for advice - will now start new thread for tops tips on carhire.

bidibidi Thu 03-Sep-09 10:45:10

That is £22 per person, right?
How did you guys book (yeah I know it's an old thread, but you never know), via their own website or some other way?

CMOTdibbler Thu 03-Sep-09 10:53:18

Best deals for Travelodge are on their website

bidibidi Thu 03-Sep-09 17:07:52

I'm trying to figure out the transport, does everyone drive to Travelodges or can one walk from a Tube Station to one of the Travelodges near Heathrow? Or taxi or minibus or how?

Sorry to be so clueless! blush

CMOTdibbler Thu 03-Sep-09 20:02:02

Theres special hotel hoppa buses that go round all of the near Heathrow hotels. So go to the tube/Heathrow express/bus station, and get the bus from there

bidibidi Fri 04-Sep-09 11:39:16

Ooh! That's great, ta so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now