Talk

Advanced search

Where is the best place to go on holiday with a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old

(10 Posts)
fucksticks Wed 17-Jun-09 14:35:36

Have not been on hols with children before.
Have 2 boisterous boys age 3 and 1.

have just decided we CAN afford a holiday later this sumer after budgeting and umming and ahhing for months. grin

Any recommendations as to where we should go??

1 week max. Will it be easier to fly somewhere like Greece/Spain than it would be to do a mammoth car journey to somewhere like Cornwall? (am in Suffolk)
All inclusive or self catering? What sort of thing will keep the kids happiest?

Would appreciate any ideas or thoughts!

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Wed 17-Jun-09 14:37:15

When DS was nearly 3 and DD nearly 1 we went on a Keycamp holiday near Limoges I think. Flew to somewhere near there and had an excellent time smile.

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Wed 17-Jun-09 14:38:06

I personally find self catering is much easier than hotels as you don't have to try and all sleep together in the same room. And you can eat and drink when you like.

JackBauer Wed 17-Jun-09 14:45:34

We just got back from an all inclusive in tunisia. Spent our mornings on teh beach, afternoons asleep and then after nap had a few hours in the pool. we had a family room which meant DD's were in one room and mum and I (dh didn't come) slept on sofa/day beds in teh telly room.
All inclusive was fab as it meant we didn't ahve to think about anything, and I didn't care if they were being picky as I hadn't cooked it.

MummyDragon Wed 17-Jun-09 14:52:22

Algarve (fly to Faro from most local airports, hire a car & car seats when you get there - if you use Avis they will even fit the car seats for you at Faro Aiport). Definitely self-catering. It's fab. Most 3* (and higher) self-catering complexes have satellite TV and DVD players in the rooms, for those moments when the kids just need some downtime!

MummyDragon Wed 17-Jun-09 14:53:15

P.S. I don't mean to judge, fucksticks, but I do find your user name quite offensive. Why do you need to use the f-word?

fucksticks Wed 17-Jun-09 18:51:09

Thanks, some really useful tips there!
I'm going to have a nosy round on the tinternet now to see what I can see.
I like the sound of Algarve. What would the weather be like there September time do you know?
Is there anywhere likely to be nice and warm then?

MummyDragon, sorry to have offended you. Its only meant to be lighthearted. Its a word that reminds me of something and makes me laugh.

MummyDragon Fri 19-Jun-09 10:32:41

Fairy snuff fucksticks - I didn't mean to sound nasty, sorry ... have you decided where to go on hols yet? Weather in the Algarve in September is mid-20s (or, if you're lucky, high 20's). If you get the chance, have a look in the Hoseasons brochure - they do loads of villas and townhouses. I'd recommend a townhouse/bungalow on a complex with a shared pool & a restaurant on site; much more for the kids to do, other kids to play with, and if you have a villa with your own pool you have to be constantly vigilant which isn't very relaxing! At least with a shared pool you can choose when you go smile
Anywhere in the Med is still lovely and warm in September tbh.

fucksticks Fri 19-Jun-09 17:36:47

I am still deciding!
I think I will start a new thread as trying to decide between two holidays and need some votes on which to go for! smile

MummyDragon Fri 19-Jun-09 18:45:41

Portugal Portugal Portugal

or Canaries are sunny but might be a bit too hot (if there is such a thing as too hot smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now