Talk

Advanced search

Have you ever used a childrens' club on holiday for a 2yo?

(9 Posts)
CoffeeAndCarrotCake Tue 16-Jun-09 17:05:49

We're looking into a winter holiday somewhere hot (never been longhaul with DD, so slightly dreading it already) and so far I've only considered places that have a childrens' club for her age group (2-3). Thinking about it though, I'm not sure that I would drop her off at a play group and leave her, so I don't know if I'm limiting my choices unnecessarily.

On the other hand, she adores being with other children, and does go to nursery so is used to that sort of environment, and I can see that over a 10 day period, being able to leave her to play with other children (supervised) would be a massive bonus, and would give DH and me more time to relax. grin

In your experience, have you used kids' clubs on holiday? And would you use one for your 2yo (she'll be 2yrs and 3 months in November, and is already potty trained so the clubs we've been looking at would accept her).

poshtottie Tue 16-Jun-09 17:55:30

Have used one at Sunsail in Antigua. The girls were lovely and you can book them for babysitting too.

claricebeansmum Tue 16-Jun-09 17:59:44

Yes - frequently on Sunsail Clubs and ski-ing when kids young.

The holiday was for me as much as them! grin

Sunsail clubs generally OK for that age group. Things get messy the older they get.

andiem Tue 16-Jun-09 18:01:58

yes have used them when skiing and for summer/winter sun holidays. I tend to use club in morning and then look after dcs in afternoon and then use babysitting in the evening but not every night
we have been very happy with the quality of childcare we have used

PhaseAte Tue 16-Jun-09 18:02:25

A lot in the med look farkign HOT

andiem Tue 16-Jun-09 18:13:38

they may be hot for fish who are probably used to a more moist environment wink
but the ones we have been too are a/cd

Fitzy72 Tue 16-Jun-09 18:16:29

FDR spa in Jamaica was fantastic for our 1.5 year old. would highly recommend

Kiwinyc Wed 17-Jun-09 21:51:26

Also used childcare at Sunsail for our then 2yo. Have also been Skiing with Powder Byrne and used the creche for our younger dd when she was 2yrs old. Neither were potty trained but it wasn't an issue.

CoffeeAndCarrotCake Thu 18-Jun-09 09:56:43

Thanks for this - I think you're right - it'll be nice for us to have a total break for at least a little while, and it'll be nice for DD to have other kids to play with and an air-conditioned area to play in when she's too hot and bothered to be on the beach.

Now, just the small matter of the flight to deal with.....!! shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now