Talk

Advanced search

Passports?

(5 Posts)
norksinmywaistband Tue 16-Jun-09 13:13:50

I did check and send for mine and DC's passports on 4th june.
Just checked and the passport office did not receive them until the 10th.
Now I used this service as it had a turnaround of 2 weeks as opposed to normal 3 weeks if you send it yourself.

Now I know there was a weekend, but 6 days to receive a checked passport is poor even for the post offce.

I may as well have saved myself the money hmm Now just praying they come back in time for our holiday

PortAndLemon Tue 16-Jun-09 13:16:34

I suppose that this would be a bad time to mention that I've always had a turnaround of ten days or less on send-it-yourself passports, even at this time of year? I thought so...

Check and send is a rip-off IMO, unless you are terminally bewildered by the sight of a form and/or unable to follow simple instructions.

norksinmywaistband Tue 16-Jun-09 13:20:31

Maybe I should have asked if it was worth it first. hmm lesson to self, never act on anything without consulting MN firstsmile

<stamps feet> I really want to go on holiday this year.

Bucharest Tue 16-Jun-09 13:20:55

I'm waiting for mine too, sent 23rd May, received by them 27th and still not back....aaaaaaargh. Daren't book flight either but really need to. angry

(I'm in Italy and the British Embassy are horrors....I'm not even allowed to ring and enquire on progress until after 4 weeks have passed as they won't tell me anything. If I do eventually have to ring to chase it up, it's a premium phone line which costs £2.50 a minute and is available for about 2 hrs only weekdays.....I'm so cross about this, am going to really complain once and only once I have my ppt in my mitts.)

mumof2222222222222222boys Tue 16-Jun-09 13:40:25

Agree with Port and Lemon. The checking thing is a complete Swizz.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now