Talk

Advanced search

"Sorry, we dont allow babies"?!?!

(4 Posts)
ladydivine Tue 16-Jun-09 11:34:20

We were planning a trip in Scotland with a lot of family and just heard that the intended hotel won't allow us to go as they 'dont allow babies' - is this a common thing? I wouldnt have thought places could ban babies, perhaps I'm being naive. How do you know whether babies are allowed??

LittleOneMum Tue 16-Jun-09 16:17:12

I'd check out their website and give them a call if they don't have a section called 'Children' or 'Family friendly' or something. My lovely friends in Brighton have a lovely new boutique hotel and they don't allow kids because it's a small place and has lots of stairs and isn't really right for kids. and some people actually search out places where there will be no kids - I know, can you believe it? wink

mulranno Fri 19-Jun-09 21:07:35

rible exerinece with our pfb - 10 years ago now. Read about a boutique hotel - said that children not welcome but review mentioned that they had seen a babe in arms on their visit. Booked the hotel...spoke with receptionist and mentioned we would be taking our travel cot for our 6 week old pfb.
Turned up sitting in lounge and woner comes in hysterical that we have a child...said it would scare the his cat...after a discussion where we said we hade made it clear to receptionist that we had a new born...he threw us out!!! he said something about he had so much money he didnt need our business.........it was mid evening so we went to a chain in the city centre...told the story to the doorman...who said "...you should have asked him to use some of his money to buy some manners!!"...that quote made my day

PortAndLemon Fri 19-Jun-09 21:16:38

I've seen plenty of hotels that don't allow under-12s. If you have a good look at the website it generally says somewhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now