Talk

Advanced search

Argh. Please help - Gatwick airport and Gatwick Express train

(6 Posts)
Mousey84 Mon 15-Jun-09 22:08:10

If all went smoothly, how long should I allow to get between landing at Gatwick and getting on a train? 50 mins enough? (bearing in mind, Ill have no idea where Im going!)

Kbear Mon 15-Jun-09 22:09:31

depends how long it takes to clear customs and immigration, the station is right in the airport

Mousey84 Mon 15-Jun-09 22:16:38

Thank you Will go for an anytime ticket then

MissSunny Tue 16-Jun-09 00:14:45

Message withdrawn

DadInsteadofMum Wed 17-Jun-09 13:02:27

Depends which terminal you are landing at, station is in South, if landing in North you will take a little loner as you will have to take the shuttle train between the terminals.

Main delay will be waiting for luggage rather than customs or immigration.

Mousey84 Wed 17-Jun-09 20:54:46

Oh...I dunno where we are landing. I bought an anytime ticket, and we arent in any great panic to get to central london for a specific time. Think Im gonna get one of those wrist straps for dd so I can concentrate on not getting lost! (did lose her twice in victoria station last summer - max 10 seconds in total - but was so stressed I stood and cried in the middle of the place!)

Ill bear the shuttles in mind so I dont freak out when I get there...2 weeks and 1/2 day to go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now