Talk

Advanced search

We need a self catering place to stay in France for only 2 nights - family friendly - is it possible??

(11 Posts)
wowfactor Mon 15-Jun-09 16:28:04

We have three children and we need a place to stay in France from Thursday July 30 - Saturday August 2.

Any ideas?

All the campsites and most of the gites are weekly lets only at this time of year.

We will be in the Languedoc but we can stay anywhere in France within reason.

Thank you.

Heebychick Mon 15-Jun-09 19:50:43

Hi, i have friends who own a chalet in Morzine, it is out of ski season obviously so might be worth an email?

www.chalet-spycat.com

Good luck x

Heebychick Mon 15-Jun-09 19:52:38

Hi, i have friends who own a chalet in Morzine, it is out of ski season obviously so might be worth an email?

www.chalet-spycat.com

Good luck x

applepudding Mon 15-Jun-09 22:14:06

We stayed in a Citea apartment when we went to Disney - its a big chain so they are all over. Not exactly a place of character but the kitchen facilities were good and you can book per night.

wohmum Mon 15-Jun-09 22:20:00

You might be able to get a campsite, Canvas or Eurocamp ready tent type-thing, for a couple of nights if you can leave it til later in the season and take a chance

.if they don't get fully booksdi'm sure they'll be glad to full the spaces

PhaseAte Mon 15-Jun-09 22:20:27

oh hello there

:laughs:

popmum Mon 15-Jun-09 22:22:01

how about this one?
or maybe a hotel would be best? I know not s-c though....

tatt Mon 15-Jun-09 22:26:30

Few nights are difficult. Couple of ibis 39 euros booked in advance rooms? You need to book each room as 1 adult + 1/2 kids. http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-deals/early-booking.shtml

aznerak Tue 16-Jun-09 08:01:46

Does it have to be self catering?

Whereabouts in the LAnguedoc are you staying as in the village where my parents' villa is, we have friends who do B&B and have lovely pool for you to use etc.

Let me know!

a x

aznerak Tue 16-Jun-09 08:02:43

thinking about it, if you don't want to stay in the Languedoc, have you considered Suitehotels? They have small kitchens and the room can divide with a retractable room divider to create living room and bedroom

wowfactor Tue 16-Jun-09 12:28:17

Thank you very much.

We are travelling back from Montpellier to Caen, so Morzine wouldn't be great for us.

I really wanted to stay on a campsite (lots of things for kids to do) but you cannot book a couple of days at that time of year.

Looks like it is going to have to be a (no doubt expensive) hotel...

The citea places look useful if all else fails.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now