Talk

Advanced search

URGENT HELP! Flying Bristol-Glasgow on Tuesday, does my 5m old need a passport

(5 Posts)
Louby3000 Sun 14-Jun-09 09:30:50

Well as the post says, I have been thinking all along that my babay did NOT need a passport and now I am thinking he might, but in true Sleazyjet fashion there is no clear advice on the website and I have googled it and found conflicting advice. Please help, I am going to have to drive up with my husband orttomorrow if i do need a passport for my son. Shit shit shit. Have I messed things up totally??
Does my *5m need a passport to travel in the UK*, or will his birth cert do?
Thanks everyone!

Haylstones Sun 14-Jun-09 09:42:42

I have done this route in the past and not needed the passport. I do take the birth certificate so I can prove the baby is mine but it's not really necessary. This was a few years ago but I believe it's still relevant now.

Haylstones Sun 14-Jun-09 09:45:06

this might help

Louby3000 Sun 14-Jun-09 20:27:57

thanks!

Ewe Sun 14-Jun-09 20:31:44

UK domestic & UK-Republic of Ireland photographic identification

All passengers aged 16 years or over must present valid photographic identification for all UK domestic flights and for all flights between the UK and Republic of Ireland.

Any person travelling into Eire who are neither a British nor Irish citizen, must produce a valid travel document on arrival, notably a passport or recognised National Identity card.

Children of 14-15 years of age are permitted to travel alone, but will also require photographic identification to be accepted for travel. Children aged 13 or below do not require photographic identification.

From the bmi website but would imagine it is industry standard so think you're ok!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now