Talk

Advanced search

Urgent BA travel advice

(12 Posts)
lobsters Sat 13-Jun-09 12:39:26

We're flying tomorrow with BA. I was planning on taking a Bugaboo Chameleon pushchair, but I've just read on the BA website the pushchair has to be able to colapse fully. Any know if we will get away with taking it through?

poshtottie Sat 13-Jun-09 12:57:42

doesn't it collapse then?

poshtottie Sat 13-Jun-09 13:09:22

It will depend on how busy the flight is and they will prefer to put it in the hold.

(Just asked a friend of mine).

Going somewhere nice?

scottishmummy Sat 13-Jun-09 13:14:18

do you have travel case?you cant carry it on plane too big

i have flown with cameleon on BA
as follows

>at check in get tags for case and tag for chassis
>wheel through check in
>at final call put bugaboo in travel case
>take the seat unit off the frame,
>fold frame
>detach the wheels
>give travel case to crew and goes in hold
you collect at end via baggage reclamation

if you have car seat it gets tagged and goes to bulky items.collect via luggage reclamation

otherwise buy cheap stroller

lobsters Sat 13-Jun-09 13:17:30

Don't mind it going in the hold, it sort of collapses, but not in the full concertina way of light pushchairs. It has a seperate chassis which folds down, but isn't that small. It fills about suface area and about half the height of a boot of an Astra, and the pushchair bit is on a solid frame and doesn't fold down small at all.

Off to Scandinavia for a few days.

PS if you see a stressed looking women with small baby in the queue at heatrow tomorrow, don't get behind me in the security queue, I'll have a pushchair, baby milk and medication to get through, I could be there hours. I am thinking about taking a sling for the airport, it might depend on nap timings. DD isn't that keen on the sling, and has never slept in it.

Which leads me to another question, if you are wearing a sling through security, do you just go through the metal detector, baby sling and all or do they make you take off the sling?

scottishmummy Sat 13-Jun-09 13:20:48

tbh i wouldnt put a bug in the hold without case.it might wreck it they throw em about.

cant you borrow/buy cheap stroller

if you do put in hold no case make sure you tag the chassis and the frame too

lobsters Sat 13-Jun-09 13:25:48

No travel bag, nearest John Lewis with one in stcok about 50 miles away. Not sure where else carries them in stock, Arrgghh. Don't really know anyone I could borrow one from. Might dash down Mothercare or Argos and buy a cheap one.

scottishmummy Sat 13-Jun-09 13:27:27

honestly,buy a cheapie stroller.enjoy your trip

lobsters Sat 13-Jun-09 13:35:53

Just found the local mothercare has one in stock, will discuss with DH which open we go down

lobsters Sat 13-Jun-09 13:36:45

That should say option. Brain is getting fried. Just wonder as DD is only a small 5 months

scottishmummy Sat 13-Jun-09 13:46:41

sound exciting enjoy

CMOTdibbler Sat 13-Jun-09 21:59:44

If you are using a sling, then you and baby go through with baby in sling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now