Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a good self-catering packing list?

(12 Posts)
thehouseofmirth Fri 12-Jun-09 09:58:41

To save me starting from scratch?

TBCoalman Fri 12-Jun-09 10:03:18

Where are you going - UK or elsewhere?

Caravan/Tent/Cottage/Yurt/Apartment/Other?

How long for? By car/rail/plane?

More details pls

thehouseofmirth Fri 12-Jun-09 12:18:34

1 week in Dorset in a cottage with DS1 4 and DS2 4 months. Travelling in a very small car...

Mumwhensdinnerready Fri 12-Jun-09 16:15:31

I have packing lists for every kind of holiday blush BUT I modify them each year. What you need for the DCs changes from year to year.Mine are 13 and 11 so my current lists wouldn't really help you.
It's probably worth starting your own as it only take time for the first one.
What I also do is to make notes when we get back of what we used / didn't use and what we ran out of. For example last year we had 2 weeks on a windy beach in Portugal and used gallons of suncream, ran out half way through the holiday.

TBCoalman Fri 12-Jun-09 17:07:34

Try this free site to get you started.

thehouseofmirth Fri 12-Jun-09 18:03:27

mwdr - I am so anal I actually have a notebook entitled "Packing Lists" which contains packing lists for every holiday we've been on for almost 10 years! However, this isthe first self-catering holiday we've been on in years & I don't have a lists for all that stuff yet. TBC - thanks for that site, it looks interesting.

Mumwhensdinnerready Sun 14-Jun-09 14:07:04

TBC looked at that site and it could provide a useful starting point , but it did list musical instruments for a beach holiday?hmm, and I thought I didn't travel light.

thehouseofmirth Sun 14-Jun-09 16:36:16

Surely you wouldn't be seen dead on the sand without at least some maracas?!

Coalman Mon 15-Jun-09 11:07:01

We saw a man from our campsite playing the trumpet on the sand dunes last year.

Wonder if there is room in the car for the piano..

Mumwhensdinnerready Tue 16-Jun-09 15:10:58

Ah well I wonder whether DS2 was serious about taking his drum kit? Would that cost much in excess baggage on the flight?

thehouseofmirth Tue 16-Jun-09 17:21:45

Better to take them as hand luggage. Then he can entertain everyone on the flight too!

MrsGuyofGisbourne Sat 11-Jul-09 10:27:05

TBC - excellent site - thanks!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now