Talk

Advanced search

Good cheap b&b in cambridge?

(12 Posts)
SenoraPostrophe Tue 10-May-05 20:35:31

does anyone know one? and how cheap is cheap?

Libb Tue 10-May-05 20:44:12

Have a look at "smoothound" - it lists 1000s of places. I think the average is about £50-60 per night.

Where do you need to get to?

acnebride Tue 10-May-05 20:52:42

I booked the Regency Guest House
7 Regent Terrace, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB2 1AA recently, which sounded nice and is pretty central (between station and centre) but we never made it as dh was ill. That's the only decently priced central b&b in cambridge I have ever found.

In the north (chesterton road) try Arundel House Hotel or the b&bs on the milton road - cheaper out there and tend to be nicer. There are some b&bs on chesterton road and Im sure pletny are nice but I once stayed at one and there was a dog hair in the butter

have you thought about trying college accommodation if you are going in vacation time?

Prufrock Tue 10-May-05 22:02:05

When and for how long SP - from 30th June we will be 4 miles south of Cambridge and would be more than happy to provide short term accommodation for the Postrophe family

Caribbeanqueen Tue 10-May-05 22:15:12

We are just south of Cambridge too. Let me know if you want me to look for somewhere for you round here.

Nome Tue 10-May-05 22:17:02

When we got married in cambridge, we recommended using the Oxfam B&B service - I've googled quickly and the info is here . Don't know what they're like though.

Fimbo Tue 10-May-05 22:17:18

We stayed here a few weeks ago. Breakfast is included in the price.

csa Wed 11-May-05 13:51:20

there is now a travel lodge in cambridge. don't know what their rates are. what are you hoping to pay per night?

SenoraPostrophe Wed 11-May-05 14:57:45

thanks everyone and bless you, prufrock.

It's for this Sunday night though as I'm coming over for a wedding/bus meeting and flying back hellishly early from Stansted on Tuesday - I could stay at Stansted (I presume) but thought it might be nicer to stay in cambridge. And it's just me, not the family so it might be a bit odd.

Don't know what I was hoping to pay: it was an idea really (how much do you think an extra hour of sleep and a pint of real ale is worth?)

cQ - south of cambs might be good as easier to get to the airport in the morning. But are there places to go as a lone female? I never used to worry about this kind of thing before I was a mother! any cambridge types around sunday eve anyway?

SenoraPostrophe Wed 11-May-05 14:58:41

...that would be Monday night, obviously.

Prufrock Wed 11-May-05 21:02:36

Oh SP - what a shame - we are currently as close as you can get to Stanstead without being flown over, but unfortunately on Monday night I am up in Nottingham, so it would be wierd for you to come here and stay with my dh! Unless you really are coming over on Sunday and want to crash then as well so I can introduce the two of you? (Not that I've "met" you - but as good as)

SenoraPostrophe Thu 12-May-05 13:01:20

Prufrock, I've just CAT'd you - did you get it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now