Talk

Advanced search

Where can we take a 5 year old on holiday?

(7 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Thu 11-Jun-09 13:23:25

Hi, we are planning to go on holiday for the first time in 7 years.
We have daughter who will be 5 when we go. I was thinking of Florida, as we've been there before and loved it. I was thinking of going during the Easter holidays.
I was also thinking of France. There needs to be plenty to keep a 5 year old entertained. We wouldn't leave her at all, so not interested in activity clubs ect.
If you could recommend anywhere please let me know. smile

mummyloveslucy Thu 11-Jun-09 14:59:07

Somewhere hot, but not too hot. grin

mummyloveslucy Thu 11-Jun-09 18:53:11

smile

applepudding Sat 13-Jun-09 22:58:32

Depends on the kind of holiday you enjoy really.

Aren't most five year olds happy to play on the beach, e.g. making sandcastles, or playing football? Also a swimming pool and basic play park with slides/swings.

We always go self catering and make sure we take selection of toys/colouring and DVD player so that there is something to keep DS occupied should we want to sit and look at a book for a while.

We tend to go somewhere fairly quiet in mainland Europe - Italy, Spain, Croatia and DS is always happy just to be on holiday, not too many distractions needed, just as mentioned above.

Are you asking for recommendations of a particular site/holiday park?

Leslaki Sun 14-Jun-09 11:08:16

here, here!! it's fantastic!! Fly into marco POlo, get the bus to the campsite and sorted!!! It's such a great place and you can get in and out of venice and other fab places easily! restuarant's great and the beach and pools are fab!! My dd was 5 last year when we went (ds was 6) and we're going back!

If you have tesco vouchers you can pay for it with them though canvas!

Leslaki Sun 14-Jun-09 11:09:39

My friends took their dd to Florida when she was 5 and it was all abit much for her - tired her out too much. Said they'd go back again when she was older.

If you fancy Disney, why not combine Disneyland paris with a french campsite holiday?

slowreadingprogress Sun 14-Jun-09 12:13:50

well I'd recommend a seaside holiday on the isle of wight, or devon.

Those holidays with ds in his early years we took there were just magical smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now