Talk

Advanced search

desperately seeking: place to stay in London area for best friend and daughter -house sitting/pet feeding etc

(11 Posts)
cremolafoam Thu 11-Jun-09 13:10:32

My best friend is going to London ( from Ireland)to see her husband with their dd ( 12)He is working there over the summer and they are completely stuck for somewhere inexpensive to stay, so dd can spend some time with her Dad.I am appealing to you if you are in need of a housesitter/petsitter She is willing to do gardening, look after pets and is a reponsible 40 something.
Dates as follows: 1st -14th July

Please help if you can.

MaggieW Thu 11-Jun-09 18:18:06

Have she tried Gumtree? Your friend could advertise on there perhaps. Also there are some sites, and Gumtree may be one of them, where rooms are rented out on a nightly or weekly basis, just so the owner can make some extra cash. Some people do it when they go on holiday. I remember reading about it in the Evening Standard.

Also youth hostels? There's a nice one in Holland Park but not sure of rates.

Raindog Thu 11-Jun-09 18:26:34

Or some of the universities rent out rooms and apartments over the summer. There is the international students house somewhere near Regents Park I think.

cremolafoam Thu 11-Jun-09 19:36:00

Thanks for the replies grin
she has been advertising on gumtree for the last 2 months to no avail.
will have a look at the other suggestions.
cheers

MissSunny Thu 11-Jun-09 23:26:05

Message withdrawn

Kiwinyc Fri 12-Jun-09 15:02:47

ah pity, we're away 1-15 AUGUST but if they want to come then maybe we could help (as long as she is as responsible as you say ;))

We're in NW london, zone 2.

MissSunny Fri 12-Jun-09 15:58:15

Message withdrawn

cremolafoam Fri 12-Jun-09 18:35:25

anywhere TBH. she is happy to travel. her dh is in digs and only has a single bed and a tiny room. She has been looking at hostels today
Thanks Kiwi- I'm afraid they have booked the flights at some incredible bargain price.( £1 or something)Unfortunately her dh was supposed to sort things out but hasn't been able to find anything suitable.

Kiwinyc Fri 12-Jun-09 20:41:25

She might be able to find a £19 of £29 a night travelodge deal perhaps, is that cheap enough? There are actually lots of them in London, and not that bad to stay in.

Kiwinyc Fri 12-Jun-09 20:50:16

Urk thats no good and the only day those sort of prices are available are sat nights only, sorry. I have friends that have stayed in Bbackpacker hostels in earls court or therabouts and they were generally fine. The YHA ones should be ok too.

Oh just thought - she could try easyhotels too, they're a budget chain started by stelio's the easyjet bloke. There are several in London and one in Luton as well.

cremolafoam Tue 16-Jun-09 10:18:34

Thanks Kiwi
smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now