Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding at Gatwick airport

(2 Posts)
terf Wed 10-Jun-09 22:28:51

We're flying out of the South terminal on the weekend and wondering if anyone could suggest somewhere quiet to breastfeed my baby. I've flown with her before and it was fine breastfeeding her anywhere but now that she's almost 5 months old she's become a bit more fussy - sometimes crying at the breast and pulling on and off quite a bit so dont want to give everyone a show. On the Gatwick airport website they mention babyfeeding rooms but are they actually rooms where I can breastfeed or just baby changing rooms? Has anyone had experience of them? Thanks!

elderlyprimagravida Wed 10-Jun-09 22:32:38

Don't stress too much in advance! I fed my DS at 4.5mths in an airport when we were delayed, and thank goodness I was BFing and not having to worry about bringing sufficient bottles etc. It is great when you are travelling to have everything there that your LO needs, under your jumper so to speak. Am sure you will be able to find a quiet corner in a cafe, where - if you are feeling self conscious - you could take a chair which faces a wall, or throw a muslin over your shoulder to stop your LO being distracted and preserve your 'modesty'.

Have a lovely trip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now