Talk

Advanced search

Booking hotels abroad - best websites please?

(11 Posts)
MaggieW Wed 10-Jun-09 21:01:12

I need to book hotels in Bangkok and Dubai for a month's time, and understand there are discounting websites that are good to book through. Which ones are best please?

Housemum Thu 11-Jun-09 16:37:21

have a look on moneysavingexpert.com under travel for recommendations of good cheap-hotel-finder sites.

For recommendations try Tripadvisor - it has customer comments so you can get a feel for the hotels (and it has links to discount sites too). Obviously some of the customer comments could be written by the hotels, but you can get a fell for if everyone's opinion is the same, and certainly discount any that get slated.

money saving expert

trip advisor

ThePhantomPlopper Thu 11-Jun-09 19:19:15

We use Alpha rooms to book and use Trip Advisor to check reviews.

Rindercella Thu 11-Jun-09 19:25:02

We have used Active Hotels in the past and have found them to be very good. They have traveller reviews on there too, and you can always reference those against tripadvisor reviews. Not sure though if this is the best website for the places you are visiting.

jimmyjammys Thu 11-Jun-09 22:27:06

Agoda are pretty good for asia. I have also used Alpharooms, active hotels and venere - all very good - they have different rates and different times so worth checking. However also email the hotel directly for their best offer - they will usually match a rate found on these sites. I had booked with alpharooms - the best rate at the time for a hotel in phuket - just found out the hotel itself is now just this week launching better rates which would have saved me £200 but with alpharooms 20% is non refundable so not worth cancelling now!

AnyFucker Thu 11-Jun-09 22:28:58

alpharooms are very good

MissSunny Thu 11-Jun-09 22:37:13

Message withdrawn

MaggieW Sun 14-Jun-09 19:54:26

Thanks for that everyone. That's very interesting about Trip Advisor, MissSunny. Will give Emirates a call about what they have on offer, if anything!

inscotland Sun 14-Jun-09 20:02:24

hhhhmmmm, not agreeing with Miss Sunny on the tripadvisor website. My sister works for tripadvisor and assures me that all reviews no matter how bad (unless they have foul language in them or something else mallicious) will be posted.

Anyway, trailfinders often give a reasonable B&B rate but will also often have a free half board upgrade. Many of their Dubai hotels on line have free half board at the moment. Considering Dubai is an expensive holiday give them a look.

xegec Mon 22-Jun-09 01:33:36

expedia.co.uk

20pounds off your first booking for internatioal hotel and flight.

via 'expedia referal promotion prgramme'.

write to me
willwill2000@hotmail.com

privately with
1. your name and 2. email address.

then expedia will contact you with 'welcome information and 20pounds code voucher' via expedia email.

MaggieW Thu 16-Jul-09 11:40:26

Thanks very much for the voucher Xegec. Have made my booking and glad to have saved some money. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now