Talk

Advanced search

Anyone live near Wembley? Or travelling to England/Andorra match tomorrow?

(5 Posts)
pollypentapeptide Tue 09-Jun-09 18:18:34

We are travelling from M4 (reading) and have parking space reserved at stadium but really worried about tube strike and whether this will cause even worse congestion on the roads.

Kick off at 8.15 but the earliest we can get away is 5pm ish as DH at work.

Wondering if we should bother now sad but once in a lifetime opportunity for DC's

mulranno Tue 09-Jun-09 18:40:38

should be ok...going against any traffic

spicemonster Tue 09-Jun-09 18:43:58

I think a lot of people won't be going anywhere tomorrow - everyone I know who can is working from home. I drive from Reading to just beyond Wembley a fair bit and it takes me about an hour and a half so that's loads of time

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 09-Jun-09 20:49:30

This is from the BBC's news website:-

England's World Cup qualifier against Andorra at Wembley Stadium will go ahead on Wednesday evening despite concerns for the safety of fans travelling to the game.

As Wembley Park Tube station will be closed, the 70,000 supporters will be forced to either use overground services or to go by car, even though there is a lack of parking in the area. Last week, the FA stopped ticket sales for the game.

Kiwinyc Wed 10-Jun-09 14:17:27

OMG i would never go anywhere near Wembley even with a parking space booked, the congestion around there is horrific when there's any event on. I have a friend who lives on the way to Wembley and I made the mistake of trying to visit her the afternoon there was an event on in the evening. After an hr sitting in traffic to progress 400mtrs I gave up!

The silverlink overground train goes from Euston to Watford and stops at Wembley. But I imagine it will be incredibly crowded.

Could you drive to Watford and take the train in from there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now