Talk

Advanced search

Taking formula milk abroad, advice needed please!!

(10 Posts)
lillyfc Mon 08-Jun-09 21:54:11

Hi, we are going to Mallorca with our baby who will be 6 months old in July. He is now on formula and I'm aware that you can't buy SMA in Mallorca so will need to take his milk with us.

Just wanted some advice as to whether it is better to take cartons of ready made SMA (worried this will be very heavy as going for 2 weeks!!) or to take powder to make up?

If we take powder, does anyone know which bottled water we should use? (Presume we boil it as at home)

Would really appreciate any advice!!

Thanks!

hf128219 Mon 08-Jun-09 21:57:11

Remember you will be able to buy it airside rather than using up your baggage allowance.

Last year we took ready made cartons - and powder - thank heavens as she wouldn't drink the powdered stuff!!

lillyfc Mon 08-Jun-09 22:07:08

Thanks, did you buy the cartons airside? Just worried we will get there and find they have run out of his milk!!

hf128219 Mon 08-Jun-09 22:10:41

No I was incredibly lazy and ordered them on line and had them delivered to hotel!

lillyfc Mon 08-Jun-09 22:13:14

That sounds like a good plan!!

terris870 Wed 10-Jun-09 10:48:25

hi
i,m of to majorca how did you get your milk delivered to the hotel my baby is 5months and only drinks sma ready made
thanks
terri

weegiemum Wed 10-Jun-09 10:53:57

You need to be careful with bottled water as some of it has a lot of salt in it, which gets worse with boiling.

TheShipsCat Wed 10-Jun-09 11:02:29

You can phone Boots at the airport and get them to put it aside for you. I think Evian is the only bottled water suitable for babies...

lillyfc Sun 14-Jun-09 19:13:42

Thankyou for all your advice.

CHOOGIRL Sun 14-Jun-09 20:55:11

If you are in Mallorca look out for font vella water which is suitable for making formula. Will be much cheaper than Evian.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now