Talk

Advanced search

Should I wake him? Jet lag from HK...

(5 Posts)
tiredange Mon 08-Jun-09 10:10:44

Just returned from HK. DS has jetlag and is sleeping. Should I wake him to get him back on track? Also, he slept in our room on hols and often in bed with us due to the jetlag going out. Now he won't sleep without being rocked or in my arms. He was doing well before we left. I could leave him when tired and he would go to sleep on his own. Now he has to be held and if I put him in cot he stands up and gets cries. Will he ever get back to before?

DadInsteadofMum Mon 08-Jun-09 10:19:32

Wake him - but perhaps not as early as usual- need to be eased back on to right time, if you do it naturally its is reckoned to be a day per hours difference to recover - you can probably force the issue some.

saggyhairyarse Mon 08-Jun-09 10:47:08

How old is he? When did you get back?

I would probably let him sleep when he needs to for a couple of days to get over the travelling but then start going back to your routine.

CMOTdibbler Mon 08-Jun-09 10:52:00

I do a lot of long haul, and my principle is that the first day I will sleep until 12 at the latest, try and go to bed at normal time, and then only sleep a little later than normal the next.

Getting out in the daylight, and reinforcing routine with meals etc all really helps to get back onto time

tiredange Mon 08-Jun-09 10:53:49

14 mths. we got back sat night. he's now awake after about 1 hr nap. The afternoon nap he really wants to keep sleeping as it's night time in HK. We woke him yesterday after 2 hrs and he was really grumpy. But if I let him sleep am worried he will wake in the night. Last night he slept from 7.30pm, woke at 11pm and in bed with me. Then slept with a few light wakes and needed patting/ laying back down, slept 'til 5.20am. It took us at least 5 days on way out so am expecting the same. Am concerned he will go back to needing assistance to fall asleep. We had just got into good routine and him being able to settle himself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now