Talk

Advanced search

First passport...birth certificate?

(9 Posts)
Wallace Mon 09-May-05 17:55:16

I am applying for dd's first passport and have just realised it says we need the full birth certificate with parents names on. We only have the abbreivated one saying when and where she was born.

I am sure when we got ds' it was fine without the full certificate. Has it changed? Should I try just to send off the application and see what happens?

starlover Mon 09-May-05 17:56:01

yes, it has changed! they will only give u one if you have the full birth certificate.
not sure where u get one from though!

kama Mon 09-May-05 17:56:46

Message withdrawn

misdee Mon 09-May-05 17:57:44

cntact the registry office where you registered your dd and request a full one. they can usually print one off, and you jjust pay about £7 IIRC.

Sponge Mon 09-May-05 17:58:15

You get them from the town hall births registry where you register the bith in the first place. I think you can order over the internet. There is a charge but it's very little.

kama Mon 09-May-05 17:59:31

Message withdrawn

Wallace Mon 09-May-05 18:00:43

Thanks!

If it is less than a tenner I can afford it...just!

The passports are costing us 25 quid each, plus £3 each for returnign our documents, plus £7 each if we use the PO checking service.

All this and we haven't even saved the money to go on holiday yet

janeybops Mon 09-May-05 18:29:28

yes they wrote to me requesting the full one, so it will delay your application

Wallace Mon 09-May-05 19:07:49

okay, I suppose I must get the full one first! I will phone first thing in the morning.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: