Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Damascus- vaccination for a 10 mos baby?

(7 Posts)
lulu1414 Sat 06-Jun-09 09:42:20

I am thinking about taking my baby to Damascus for a week's holiday. I have contacted the GP surgery but will have to wait until later next week to find out about vaccinations. I wonder if anyone here might know if there are necessary vaccines. Thanks!

peanutbutterkid Sat 06-Jun-09 18:35:28

Foreign Office website?

PortAndLemon Sat 06-Jun-09 18:52:56

Most travel-type vaccinations aren't licensed for use in the under-1s, and some not for the under-2s. We went to India in January and 9 month old DD didn't have anything (was up to date with regular vaccinations) while 4yo DS had typhoid, hep A and hep B. Advice was just to be very careful with DD and carry alcohol gel everywhere.

I think for Syria Hep A and sometimes typhoid would normally recommended, but your situation will probably be the same as ours in that your DC will be too young to get them.

lulu1414 Sat 06-Jun-09 19:04:40

Thanks, Port, that is helpful. How was the trip to India?

PortAndLemon Sat 06-Jun-09 19:50:09

It was fine -- we stayed in a "nice" hotel, stuck to bottled water, and were more conservative with where we ate than we probably would have been pre-DCs. I'm not sure DD personally appreciated the history and culture grin and DS's highlight of the trip was apparently seeing a kitten hmm but they had a good time, at least.

lulu1414 Sat 06-Jun-09 20:49:50

Well done for going for it- so many people look horrified when I tell them our travel plans! We have already done a coupld of long haul trips, but to North America, so a bit easier! Were you BFing DD?

PortAndLemon Sat 06-Jun-09 20:54:55

Yes, so obviously that made it a lot easier. And she eats anything, as well. DS, on the other hand, is in the middle of a "no spicy food" phase and survived largely on papads, cheese sandwiches, olives, peanuts and ice cream hmm. But he came to no lasting harm... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now